COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the total tests a combination of antibody tests having gotten over the virus and tests to see if the patient is still symptomatic with the virus?

Oh no, that would be a big mistake to mix PCR and antibody test figures, as they have a different meaning. Mixed stats would be useless.

Furthermore it needs a certain time period before CV specific antibodies are built in your body.
Many big antibody surveys will come out, but it takes some time, months.

My thought only was about PCR test numbers to assess true infection rate.
Again, why should we massively under-test positive cases?

The overwhelming rate of infected adults do show symptoms, at least 95%, incl mild symptoms.
That's why we NOW should immediately test as soon as symptoms appear, as we know we are most contagious just before showing first symptoms. Capacity is available.

South Koreans seem to be drawing connections, albeit inconclusive, between the new ‘spike’ and the earlier one involving a nightclub.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020...ight-trouble-surge-cases-200528041458518.html

Do sense that large buildings with poor ventilation are not going to be allowed to reopen soon, which must be worrying for the pub industry in the UK.
Good that they’re working out where it’s coming from.

South Korea were a country to follow for us back in February, we didn’t.

But we should follow what they do now closely.

Under these new rules can people from other households be in a car together?

Say my olds need picking up cos they don't drive and we want to go for a walk in the park for example.....

You can do what ever you want now. Put a TV in your garden, 6 mates round, few beers and watch the football.

South Koreans seem to be drawing connections, albeit inconclusive, between the new ‘spike’ and the earlier one involving a nightclub.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020...ight-trouble-surge-cases-200528041458518.html

Do sense that large buildings with poor ventilation are not going to be allowed to reopen soon, which must be worrying for the pub industry in the UK.

They're opening the Trafford centre on June 15th! What on earth are they thinking. My mum works there too ffs.

Last edited:
Or getting testing started after a miserable effort from the start. Now we start the contact tracing without a working App! we are always ahead of the game with this pandemic containment.
The ramping up of testing could only have been done sooner, given the UK civil/health service arrogance in ignoring far east lessons from SARS (2003) and MERS (2015), is if PHE had used university labs to do testing, like Poetugal.
PHE kept everything in house and therefore done by the state and refused help that was offered from UK universities. For the life of me I don't understand why a Tory government would do this.

Portugal's trsting experience:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-...ovid-19-test-rate-double-almost-every-nation/

Last edited:
I got pillared on here when i said we'll all be pretty much back to normal by July/August - not ruling out a 'second wave' of some sort but it's looking likely the return to norm is not that far off
pretty much back to normal hey,,cant fly,long lines outside shops,football with no crowds all with a killer virus thats not gone away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.