COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no, that would be a big mistake to mix PCR and antibody test figures, as they have a different meaning. Mixed stats would be useless.

Furthermore it needs a certain time period before CV specific antibodies are built in your body.
Many big antibody surveys will come out, but it takes some time, months.

My thought only was about PCR test numbers to assess true infection rate.
Again, why should we massively under-test positive cases?

The overwhelming rate of infected adults do show symptoms, at least 95%, incl mild symptoms.
That's why we NOW should immediately test as soon as symptoms appear, as we know we are most contagious just before showing first symptoms. Capacity is available.

I made this point some weeks ago though tbh I didn't frame my question too well, bit pissed at the time :)

I simply couldn't understand why if we were only testing people with symptoms in hospitals ( so prescribed by a doctor? ) the positive results against total completed were, to my untrained eye way to small.

Agree entirely with your final paragraph.

They're opening the Trafford centre on June 15th. What on earth are they thinking. My mum works there too ffs.

Modern buildings with better through ventilation should be in a better position, particularly if they restrict the number of people entering the building itself and then have shops restrict how many people enter at a time. Doing that encourages less browsing but more direct purchases and quicker turnaround of customers. My concern, however, would be that centres and shops are lax in implementing such safeguarding systems, especially when there will be a desire to recoup lost revenue, so they ought to be given clear guidance before reopening.

Pubs, by contrast, are traditionally housed in older buildings, which generally have poorer ventilation and sometimes appalling hygiene standards. British drinking culture also encourages people to congregate in the same place for prolonged periods, which is why they really should be viewed as high risk and one of the last industries reopened. Given the state of public health that might be no bad thing. :-)

I got pillared on here when i said we'll all be pretty much back to normal by July/August - not ruling out a 'second wave' of some sort but it's looking likely the return to norm is not that far off
Social distancing will be in place until well into next year. That doesn’t constitute being back to normal in my opinion. A “return to norm” where we still won’t be able to hug family members we don’t live with? Doesn’t compute.

Yeah, the car is outside but the people aren’t. They are inside a car, an enclosed space, no different to being inside a room. Also, they would not be 2m apart.
hqdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.