Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't even need to be inside information, the club is on record that a new deal was proposed 16 months ago, during that time Sane has changed agents three times and ceased even speaking to us since last summer about any possibility of reconsidering.

Respectfully, I don't quite understand your last point.

£70m is indeed a great deal of money and is the difference in what we have lost in terms of his market value since last year.

Next year we get nowt, simple economics.

Even accepting our new £150k a week offer at the time of presenting it, our outlay was £7.2m a year. He has deliberately forsaken the best part of £10m in wages to cost our club closer to £70m when this finally plays out.

It's okay though, he'll get at least that back in his pocket from Bayern in terms of his signing on fee, before an even bigger salary.

As for his dignified silence and stance, sometimes actions speak a thousand words.

His continual stalling of talks, his sacking of various agents and, most pertinently, his very public snubbing of City by refusing to use our recommended club surgeon.

I am a huge fan of Sane, always have been.

It will be a sad day for me when he leaves but leave fandom shit at the door.

We support the club, gave him a platform to perform for the best manager in the world, winning plenty trophies along the way.

There would be more respect from many for Leroy if had simply stated last year he wanted to go home and Bayern would be the natural choice for him.

Cynically, he wouldn't do that, for the reasons above, he needed to play his part in driving the price down.

We can't rely on him on the field because we can't trust him.

Professionalism doesn't come into it, he's shown a distinct lack of it on numerous occasions.

Hopefully he can put on a brave face when we beat those entitled Bayern bastards in the final.

That's if he can take his head out of his arse first.

He doesn't owe us anything. He is under contract, not broken that contract at any point and is well within his rights to make any decision to move and/or to pocket more money with that move.

It's obviously not a great situation all this for the club, but I don't think he should either be praised or shitted over for anything. He is doing what he thinks it's best for him and there is nothing wrong with that. He is not fan, it's his job. And even if he was, he would still be stupid to not look after himself. He'd obviously be more flexible in that case, but would still expect the club to be fair.

The biggest fuckup here was at the club's side for ever playing him in that stupid CS match if we ever thought of selling him that summer and I guess we did. We gambled waiting for 10-20m more from Bayern and it backfired. The fuckup before that was that we weren't offering him enough money when his stock was at the highest point and when he deserved it. We lost him back then. He should have been offered similar, if not same money as Sterling was getting, and Bayern would never had a chance.

I know we aren't used of losing players we would like to keep, but I wouldn't like us turning to Scouse behavior when Sterling was leaving them.

Last edited:
He doesn't owe us anything. He is under contract, not broken that contract at any point and is well within his rights to make any decision to move and/or to pocket more money with that move.

It's obviously not a great situation all this for the club, but I don't think he should either be praised or shitted over for anything. He is doing what he thinks it's best for him and there is nothing wrong with that. He is not fan, it's his job. And even if he was, he would still be stupid to not look after himself. He'd obviously be more flexible in that case, but would still expect the club to be fair.

The biggest fuckup here was at the club's side for ever playing him in that stupid CS match if we ever thought of selling him that summer and I guess we did. We gambled waiting for 10-20m more from Bayern and it backfired. The fuckup before that was that we weren't offering him enough money when his stock was at the highest point and when he deserved it. We lost him back then. He should have been offered similar, if not same money as Sterling was getting, and Bayern would never had a chance.

I know we aren't used of losing players we would like to keep, but I wouldn't like us turning to Scouse behavior when Sterling was leaving them.

I think if I remember rightly, Liverpool were paid handsomely and given £44,000,000 for Sterling.

He for sure tries to get the best deal he can get out of his next club - but that is normal.

But there is for sure other reasons, too. Bayern is building a team for the future with his buddies Gnabry, Kimmich, Goretzka (he grew up 5 kilometres away from him and went into the same school) and Süle as framework.

Here is a part of a Gnabry article in the player's tribune: https://www.theplayerstribune.com/e...portant-thing-in-life-serge-gnabry-bundesliga

So to be able to wear that red Bayern kit now, for real … it’s amazing. But remember, it’s not just me. I came up playing on youth teams with my boys Joshua Kimmich, Leon Goretzka, and Nicklas Süle. On top of that guys like David Alaba who really became a close friend. So sometimes when things are hard, and I need some motivation, I literally look around at those guys in the dressing room, and I think to myself, “Do you realize that you’re playing for the Bayern first team? You and your boys … you’re all really here. Do you actually realize it? S***, this is crazy.”

We all took different paths. But we all got to the other side of the corridor.

----------------

Sane would be no. 5!
fuck off

Rumors that Lucas Hernandez is going to be offered to City as part of the deal.

He cost Bayern £75m last summer (and flopped, whats german for flop). I very much doubt they can afford to “give” him to us or they’d record a huge loss on disposal.
If they did and we agreed we’d end up paying around £50m for him so bayern broke even in accounting terms on his contract.
In which case we’d better get £100m+ for Sane or they’d have had our pants down.

He’s also already had knee ligament surgery, I thought we only sign players before they bust their knees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.