UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At that time Fenerbahce and the standard of Turkish football was garbage. Back then they were the equivalent of a team from Belarus now. On passing through the Kippax turnstile I could barely believe that I'd be seeing my team play in the European Cup. Later in the game I could believe even less that Mike Summerbee missed an open goal from about two yards out.
It was arguably one of our worst ever performances and results. Given the context, ie we were English Champions, it was right up there with the Halifax and Shrewsbury Cup matches.

One thing I will say regarding the report mentioning how CAS operates as independent from uefa.

When Leterme was putting through the details of the PSG case, the case he reported in favour of the Qatari owners, it was the CAS chairman José Narciso da Cunha Rodrigues, that was totally livid that the report was done in a way to exonerate PSG from wrong doing

I thought he was the Chair of UEFA's adjucitaory chamber, not CAS?

It was arguably one of our worst ever performances and results. Given the context, ie we were English Champions, it was right up there with the Halifax and Shrewsbury Cup matches.
The Fenerbahce game has a lot to answer for, my Dad had his first, and fatal, heart attack at this game, aged 46. How he would have loved the team we have today.

What they are alleging is false statements within our accounts which are in effect legal documents under the Companies Act. I can assure you breaching them is a criminal offence for which directors are liable. Although not commonly, high profile cases of director fraud that have occurred previously have resulted in prosecution and incarceration. This is a pretty big case, no?
You are forgetting that Cas is an arbitration service under Swiss law whereas a criminal prosecution would be in an English court with trial standards. No chance that CAS verdict will result in prosecution at home.

My Dad often tells me that Allison had said we would terrify Europe.

I’ve been told in describing UEFA’s evidence as wafer thin, would be to seriously under estimate the of strength of a wafer, I take it we’re free to keep playing!!

Great line, slightly adapted from one of the better bbc sitcoms of the last few years.

I seriously have no clue and would have preferred us to have shook hands on the no ban deal.

To not do that does indicate innocence to me, the question is can we prove it as that seems to be the case. Hopefully it does not drag on.
Im not sure we would want to use everything at CAS perhaps saving much for potential legal action.
I think UEFA or at least its top table members are happy they can control us within their changing rules but non CAS court proceedings are another thing. Maybe they will be prepared to allow their reps to concede all ie lose totally rather than even win and risk follow up individual action.
W ho knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.