Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

If it's so safe why are clubs from lower leagues and the womens leagues not kicking up a stink. What right have those leagues to stop the leagues when it is safe to play that denies these clubs much needed match day revenues ?

TV money, money, money it's not the game I grew up with anymore.
It hasn't been for some considerable time. I will be back at the Etihad when we are allowed, but any other football in the meantime I will not be watching.

So it doesnt bother you that the integrity of the league has been thrown away just to get a micky mouse form of the league on tv. And its doesnt bother you that this micky mouse event will allow liverpool to perhaps break our point record which we did fairly ?

OK that's fine but to me it stinks I invest my time, money, effort etc to go to matches to cheer our team on to get that point record. Now to me it's been handed to another team with rule after rule changes, it doesnt feel right to me.

Make it null n void, give liverpool* the title I have no problems with that.
You seem to have let what Liverpool might or might not do get to you.

Don’t worry about them ,

You seem to have let what Liverpool might or might not do get to you.

Don’t worry about them ,

No not really but why should records stand when after 75% of the games have been played the rules are changes. The history books will show liverpool with a record that beats ours but wont show how it was achieved. That's what I am unhappy about , restart but state no records will count due to the rule changes

I understand. Just don’t think a “second wave” develops that fast.

Look, I live in a “red state” in the US. We’ve luckily only had a few hundred deaths - and I don’t say that lightly.

We basically opened back up on May 1.

I sort of expected cases to surge by now. They haven’t.

Sure. I keep tracking it and new cases and deaths are flat. I guess the powers that be are willing to accept that. Sadly.

And honestly, the owners and powers that be in the Premier League are willing to accept the same. I wish our owners, mgmt, players had been more outspoken. But they weren’t. Just goes to show how important the almighty pound/dollar is.

It should have been evident to all on the pics for first day back in training and the ridiculous autos they drove. They want their cash too.

Don’t blame them. But the fears of taking it back to a family ring hollow to me.

Just wish we had a leader like Kompany or Lake. Have a feeling they would call this for what it is.

But most likely still play the silly* matches.

Your situation is obviously different ,in the UK we are still averaging 300 deaths a day , and as my wife is at risk i will not be changing my current self isolation , totally agree wth your pound/dollar comment , money speaks far louder than fatalities. The PFA should have defended the players rights but as 90% of their funding comes from television rights ,Gordon Taylor has no moral compass and he was never going to rock the boat and risk his £2.5m annual salary , the PFA are basically a lap dog for the Premier league and F.A. , the health and safety of players is way down the list of the PFA's prioirites.

6 games picked to be played at neutral grounds Man City v Liverpool, Man City v Newcastle, Man Utd v Sheff Utd, Newcastle v Liverpool, Everton v Liverpool, the game in which Liverpool might take the title

6 games picked to be played at neutral grounds Man City v Liverpool, Man City v Newcastle, Man Utd v Sheff Utd, Newcastle v Liverpool, Everton v Liverpool, the game in which Liverpool might take the title

So what is basically being said here is that no-one from the North can be trusted. I don't know the fixtures but is there genuinely not a London derby game anywhere yet to be played that might cause concern about fans gathering?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.