COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll call this. From the scientific papers I've read, I'd say anybody can meet outside so long as they stay 1 metre apart. 2 is overkill.
Public transport and mixing inside though is VERY problematic.

How important is the 'type' of outside though. My parents garden for example, surrounded by tall trees/fences etc. It feels 'still'. It's hardly blustery. Where can that virus go other than towards the person you're talking to? Is it really *that* much safer? If you're sat a metre away from someone, which is barely anything, and talking at them solidly for a while, is the fact that you're sat in a garden really gonna make any difference? I don't quite get it. Does the coronavirus just suddenly disperse in every direction when you're outside? I'm honestly curious and not trying to be awkward or anything. I just don't quite get it.

Schools closed in S.Korea again.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...in-after-spike-in-new-covid-19-cases-11996706

"That followed the country's biggest jump in coronavirus cases in more than 50 days on Thursday, when it was reported 79 more people had become infected."
Just for a bit of balance, they don’t think opening the schools caused the spike, they are attributing it to a distribution centre for an e-commerce company. Closing the schools is a precautionary step.

For what it's worth, I agree. I could possibly believe 30%, but 70%? No. Other surveys will confirm one way or the other there are a lot appearing at the moment.
You actually don't need testing for track and trace to work as proven in Taiwan.
Testing helps massively of course, but it isn't 100% necessary.
70% makes perfect sense to me. Ask yourself why the spread of this virus was never exponential and reached it’s peak a week before lockdown. Ask yourself why the average age of a Coronavirus death is 80 and with significant co-morbidities, and the percentage of healthy under 50s dying from this is tiny. The answer is obvious but people don’t want to hear it yet.

and the success rate of covid 19 tests is...

70%

Hmmmmm
No one actually knows the accuracy of PCR testing as there is no gold standard.
But it is thought to have a specificity of close to 100%
The sensitivity is probably a fair bit less and will depend partly on who is conducting the test.

For what it's worth, I agree. I could possibly believe 30%, but 70%? No. Other surveys will confirm one way or the other there are a lot appearing at the moment.
You actually don't need testing for track and trace to work as proven in Taiwan.
70% of infected people dont show symptoms. The reason why this virus is such a bugger.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/28/people-infected-coronavirus-never-show-symptoms/
Incidently, having re-read the article again, I think they are refering to the fact that 70% of infected people aren't showing symptoms AT THE TIME of testing. Poor English on the authors part , but something I am more readily able to believe - after all the average time to show symptoms after infection is 5.1 days

Sure but you can't do track and trace if 70% of the people infected have no idea they may be infected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.