#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
One slight positive is that I reckon Phil's now got a good chance of being involved in the Euros! Heh. Can only presume that when football is back up and running he'll be playing a lot more regularly.

One slight positive is that I reckon Phil's now got a good chance of being involved in the Euros! Heh. Can only presume that when football is back up and running he'll be playing a lot more regularly.
Didnt think of that, Good shout.

Turns 20 today. Hopefully he's about to get some proper minutes and go on to have a great future with us.

He's at the point now where he needs minutes and cannot be paitently waiting for them like he has done for the past two seasons.

Next season has to be his breakout one where he firmly cements himself as a regular. It doesn't mean he has to be a guarenteed starter, just that he plays some good minutes on a weekly basis in the primary competitions, rather than fleeting 90 min appearances in the cup competitions only to not see him again for a month other than 5 mins here and there as a sub in the dying mins of the game.

I do worry the clubs going to fuck it by going and signing a player like Aouar and not consider how this is going to impact Phil, but blind faith is telling me that he's going to finally buck the trend and force his way into becoming a star for us. He deserves it after sitting and waiting for his chance without a fuss.

He's at the point now where he needs minutes and cannot be paitently waiting for them like he has done for the past two seasons.

Next season has to be his breakout one where he firmly cements himself as a regular. It doesn't mean he has to be a guarenteed starter, just that he plays some good minutes on a weekly basis in the primary competitions, rather than fleeting 90 min appearances in the cup competitions only to not see him again for a month other than 5 mins here and there as a sub in the dying mins of the game.

I do worry the clubs going to fuck it by going and signing a player like Aouar and not consider how this is going to impact Phil, but blind faith is telling me that he's going to finally buck the trend and force his way into becoming a star for us. He deserves it after sitting and waiting for his chance without a fuss.

Break out seasons usually happen when a player is 22-23, especially midfield players as the position requires some certain level of experience and maturity, Foden needs some more minutes next season but I wouldn't really tag next season as a "make or break" season for him.

Break out seasons usually happen when a player is 22-23, especially midfield players as the position requires some certain level of experience and maturity, Foden needs some more minutes next season but I wouldn't really tag next season as a "make or break" season for him.

really. There’s loads of young players who have breakout season earlier then 23, can’t really even class them as young at 23 either really...

if he has to wait 3 more years he’ll have left. There’s only so long we can keep saying it’ll be his time next season...

he needs to be starting in the prem - lots of games

Just isn't true, particularly for generational talents such as Foden. Players are playing at the top level at a younger and younger ages these days.

Absolutely zero chance of Foden sitting around playing the role he has this season until he's 22-23. This isn't necessarily just about him developing as a player, but why he should stay at City if we're not utilising him properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.