Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

apparently the Livarpool game will be played in Dublin to keep it neutral.... oh wait a minute...Oslo anyone... no wait.... the fact is the season will not be finished as it started so everyone will know that if they lift the trophy it'll be a hollow victory on their part

The more I think about it the more these neutral venues make no sense.
I have never got why ourselves and united have to move our Newcastle and sheff United games but I thought at first I understand the logic behind the scousers games being moved but the more I think about it I actually don't and certainly not the newcastle v Liverpool game. I can only assume there is a fear that thousands of scousers would descend on newcastle. Well if they move it to villa, west ham, Brighton or anywhere in England the same would still apply. If they're gonna travel to Newcastle they would travel anywhere else to
Unless they're planning to play it in Saudi Arabia I just don't see what it's going to achieve
If the only reason for a neutral venue is to prevent scouse cuts turning up, they are delusional. They will go anywhere in the country. All it does is further disadvantage the team that should have been playing at home. Under their logic , LiVARpool should play all their remaining games away from home. To be honest though I'm only interested in the CAS appeal. Shouldn't really be saying this but the only hope is a second wave Tsunami prior to 17th June

The Newcastle game is reported on TV to be due to cricket at Old Trafford and the police being unable to do both. Though why not move the date to midweek evening.

They are planning to play test matches there as it has a hotel for self isolating

Likely the same reason for moving Man U v Sheffield United - equally baffling.

The Newcastle game is reported on TV to be due to cricket at Old Trafford and the police being unable to do both. Though why not move the date to midweek evening.

They are planning to play test matches there as it has a hotel for self isolating

Likely the same reason for moving Man U v Sheffield United - equally baffling.

Thought all cricket had been cancelled till August anyway? Plus what's to police there would be no crowd allowed at cricket games?

If the only reason for a neutral venue is to prevent scouse cuts turning up, they are delusional. They will go anywhere in the country. All it does is further disadvantage the team that should have been playing at home. Under their logic , LiVARpool should play all their remaining games away from home. To be honest though I'm only interested in the CAS appeal. Shouldn't really be saying this but the only hope is a second wave Tsunami prior to 17th June

Could it be that they know the dippers will rock up no matter where the game is played, so they are trying to avoid current Covid hotspots for such games?

I dont see the point of moving the Merseyside derby to Manchester. Doesnt that raise the risk of the scousers spreading the virus to Manchester should they have it. Play it in liverpool and so stop any risk of spreading the virus as we know some scousers will turn up where ever its played.

Thought all cricket had been cancelled till August anyway? Plus what's to police there would be no crowd allowed at cricket games?

They are supposed to be planning two tests in the second half of July v West Indies.

And there is not meant to be a crowd at the Etihad so its likely about local supporters who might still turn up outside.

The cricket is not confirmed though yet. So it might not happen and so the game may still be at the Etihad.

If this is even the true reason. Though not much else makes sense other than blatant cheating. Its obviously not City's ground as it was one of the few they were going to use to play lots of games if they were all at neutral venues.

Last edited:
I haven't seen the full list are all of scouser games that were meant to be away now being played at neutral venues? Yet again this helps them, and the home team will be disadvantaged even more by being made to play at a neutral ground.

I think many blues, myself included, who are indifferent to or bang against the season being finished are to some extent motivated by the sickening prospect of the fawning media wankstorm to come if Liverpool win the league but what really rankles is the lack of fairness.

Sport is “war minus the shooting” - it’s a serious business but without integrity it becomes meaningless. You can’t change the rules half way through a competition in the manner of a parent changing the rules of a party game for toddlers to let the birthday girl win.

Bad news for sporting integrity = bad news for the dippers. They were gonna win it anyway, all that these various rule changes do is increase the size of that asterisk.
I almost feel sorry for them. Until I remember all the dodgy VAR and ref decisions the past few years. Fuck the dippers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.