Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's both some revisionist history and an, shall we say, 'interesting' take on 'ordinary fans along with neutrals there to watch the game' you have going on there mate.

Unless of course battering a young L'pool fan in that 'neutral' section, lobbing crap over the divide in the build-up, and charging the fence backwards and forwards constitutes 'ordinary fans along with neutrals there to watch the game.'

Heysel was a devastating tragedy, caused through a multitude of many factors, that all culminated in a horrible loss of life and many injuries. One the vast majority of Reds bare a great deal of heartache and shame over for our part.

Or, if you have an agenda that refuses to acknowledge any of them, it was all down to those horrible Scouse _____!

Let's rewrite history!

The blame for the incident was laid on the fans of Liverpool FC. On 30 May official UEFA observer Gunter Schneider said, "Only the Liverpool fans were responsible. Of that there is no doubt." UEFA, the organiser of the event, the owners of Heysel Stadium and the Belgian police were investigated for culpability. After an 18-month investigation, the dossier of top Belgian judge Marina Coppieters was finally published. It concluded that blame should rest solely with the Liverpool fans.

If you delete the words 'if you have an agenda that refuses to acknowledge any of them' your spot on.
The stadium was fit for purpose, that being to hold a football match. They did not expect thousnads of drunken violent yobs to reek mayhem and savagery upon a neutral section of a ground.
I am old enough to remember that day/night and the only revisionist history is what came later when the li'pool media circus decided they could not be blamed for killing innocent people.

'The stadium was fit for purpose .....'

A stadium SO badly maintained by the Belgium authorities, you could pick apart the terracing with your bare hands. (Ruble which was readily broken off and used as missiles both ways in the carnage.) A stadium that poorly maintained by the Belgium authorities, the cinder block back wall was so dilapidated and crumbling, I, like many other's, walked into the ground through a great bloody hole in it! A stadium SO dilapidated, it had wire mesh fences to segregate fans. A stadium SO dilapidated it had a serious lack of turnstiles to cope with the volume of capacity for such a game. All culminating in a stadium SO UNFIT for purpose a supporting wall gave way and crushed many to death.

A stadium that seasoned exerts this side of the channel had repeatedly voiced serious questions over prior to May 29, 1985 as being totally inadequate to hold the biggest game in football.

A stadium that was completely rebuilt in the aftermath.

But you sit here, after having the gall to call other peoples posts 'disgraceful', and maintain, in the face of everything, that the stadium was 'fit for purpose.'

No. Absolutely NO agenda here at all. (Rolls eyes.).

If you delete the words 'if you have an agenda that refuses to acknowledge any of them' your spot on.
The stadium was fit for purpose, that being to hold a football match. They did not expect thousands of drunken violent yobs to reek mayhem and savagery upon a neutral section of a ground.
I am old enough to remember that day/night and the only revisionist history is what came later when the li'pool media circus decided they could not be blamed for killing innocent people.
Great response.

It's never their fucking fault!

interesting fact about Heysel stadium. In 1976 and 1980, it hosted the Cup Winners' Cup finals, both featured English teams (West Ham Utd and Arsenal), both English teams lost. There were no deaths.

That's because there were no racist, national front, neo-nazi, Chelsea supporting thugs disguised as red scousers at either game hell-bent on murdering as many opposition fans as possible. Oh and if the stadium had been built properly, the wall wouldn't have gave way. Oh and if the opposition supporters hadn't been yellow-bellied cowards, none of this would have happened. And if me granny had a set of balls...

What an absolutely disgraceful post. Lets take the jewellers first as they are certainly an innocent party, why does it happen as you put it ? because feral yobs think it is OK to rob innocent working class people trying to earn a living ? I thought scousers were working class and would support their own not rob from them.
The thing is the jewellers sums it up, In Belgium they behave in a decent law abiding way, that is why the stadium was 'piss poor'. They were not expecting thousands of pissed up savages to descend on their quiet peaceful town. The stadium was perfectly ok for normal people to watch a football match in but li'pool scum/fans are not normal people. they kicked hell out of anyone that was there in the neutral zone, but I suppose, like the jewellers, it happens. On that note, unlike what you say, the scouse scum and Juve were not side by side. It was as I say a neutral zone.
Li'pool had fought and robbed their way throughout Europe for years, it was a way of funding their trip, but as you say, it was everyones fault. Just don't blame the scouse scum because it certainly wasn't theirs.
I don’t think he’s defending Liverpool fans. He’s just saying part of the blame lies with juve fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.