Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s fair to say that the stadium wasn’t fit for purpose, but it doesn’t mitigate the actions of the Liverpool fans that evening.

Ric please enlighten me as to why it was no fit for purpose. Belgium is a peaceful country with law abiding citizens living in it, some of whom own jewellers. It hosted many football matches including 2 finals with English teams in it as @DazWA9 states. If we are saying that Uefa should have known the likes of Liverpool would get to the final and with their violent history in England and Europe, the venue was not suitable, fair enough but, the fact they had a neutral section shows that they naively believed the fans would behave. It was fit for purpose, that of playing a football match, it was not fit for Liverpool 'fans', but that is a different story.

I don’t think he’s defending Liverpool fans. He’s just saying part of the blame lies with juve fans.

In the footage posted on here and other footage I have seen, I have yet to see the Juve fans charging the feral scouse mob.

Ric please enlighten me as to why it was no fit for purpose. Belgium is a peaceful country with law abiding citizens living in it, some of whom own jewellers. It hosted many football matches including 2 finals with English teams in it as @DazWA9 states. If we are saying that Uefa should have known the likes of Liverpool would get to the final and with their violent history in England and Europe, the venue was not suitable, fair enough but, the fact they had a neutral section shows that they naively believed the fans would behave. It was fit for purpose, that of playing a football match, it was not fit for Liverpool 'fans', but that is a different story.
I think both clubs had raised concerns with UEFA regarding the state of the stadium prior to the game. Obviously doesn’t absolve Liverpool fans of any blame, but it was surely a contributing factor to what happened that night.

I think both clubs had raised concerns with UEFA regarding the state of the stadium prior to the game. Obviously doesn’t absolve Liverpool fans of any blame, but it was surely a contributing factor to what happened that night.

Sorry Ric not having that mate. If Liverpool fans had behaved, there would have been no problem.

I think the inference is it is their fault because they didn't charge back. Ridiculous beyond belief.

Ah right, so the Italian baker who had taken his 13 year old son is to blame, fancy him not charging back and if his son could not keep up, tough. I thought the car salesman would have put up more of a fight though, ok he was 64yrs old but come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.