Favourite Live Albums.

Never forget hearing Imflamable Material in English lesson on my mate Jimmy Rogers ( Rag) tape player 1979 ...
White Noise ! WTF
Alternative Ulster- Timeless classic
Johnny Was - Amazing
Brilliant Album . The sad thing on my part is I’ve never been to see them , but when this virus is all over I’m gonna try and rectify that.
You should they are brilliant live seen them lots of times, White Noise is a clever track which if you have an open mind you will realise what they are getting at.

Edit: Closed Groove is my favourite track on this album, great end to the album, which is controversial as was recently challenged by a poster (Can't remember who).

Last edited:
Iron Maiden - Live after Death

AC/DC - If you want blood

Scorpions - World Wide Live

The Mission - No Snow No Show for the Eskimo

Slayer - Decade of Aggression

Overkill - Wrecking your Neck

Sodom - Mortal way of Live

Last edited:
To me live albums are much better than the original dreary mainstream releases for the masses, here are my favourite two.

Lots of anger from Jake on this one which made it a classic from the era followed by:

The original that was released was crap but Live "I know its over" is beyond doubt a triumph.

First time I’ve agreed with you in a while, but am with you on Rank! Love the two medleys (Rusholme Ruffians/Marie’s the Name and Rubber Ring/What She Said). A band at their peak. Just gutted that I was only 9 at the time so never got to see them live.

Only ever bought 2 live albums. Not a fan.
Bought The Smiths Rank as it had Marie's The Name on it, not available elsewhere, and Siouxsie & The Banshees Nocturne double live album as I was there at the Royal Albert Hall on one of the 2 nights it was recorded.
Other than that, never bothered. Never collected bootlegs either.

Some great shouts in there and you’re first to mention Rory. A fantastic live album. (Check out 1975 Rory at My Father’s Place, Roslyn on YouTube. Performance wise it equals it)
First to mention Tull. Bursting out is brilliant.
Rush. All the world’s a stage. Brilliant.

The 70’s during the oil crisis was a big big time for the live album because vinyl was dear due to the petroleum scarcity and recording a live concert was seen as a cheaper way of getting a product out.

I’d put Live Rust by Neil Young in there too.
Seconds Out- Genesis, superb.

A bit later but Absolutely love Stop Making Sense, but I really need to see the concert also, to totally immerse myself in the experience.

Live Rust and Seconds Out should both be in the list; I'm sure I've missed others. I like live albums.

Not sure if they will happen but I have tickets to see Steve Hackett perform Seconds Out and for the Genesis reunion.

I'm not a fan of live albums, most aren't truly live anyway.
I did buy the one Arthur Lee did a few years ago. He put a great band together and reproduced the Love album, Forever Changes.
Neil Diamonds Hot August Night was very good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.