Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I’m posting in the general section on a L’pool thread, and not venturing into the main City section, I didn’t see it as that mate per se. Shrugs.

If your reading of personal experience and the multitude of factors that contributed to Heysel was of me somehow ‘defending’ L’pool fans than something was BADLY lost in translation.

I couldn’t agree more with you as regards the P poor reaction from the football club over the intervening years. To turn around in 2005, when we finally encountered Juve again, and offer an ‘olive branch’ of friendship was two decades too late. Didn’t blame their supporters for turning their collective backs on it one bit.
We have found common ground.

Welcome to the forum.....

As I’m posting in the general section on a L’pool thread, and not venturing into the main City section, I didn’t see it as that mate per se. Shrugs.

If your reading of personal experience and the multitude of factors that contributed to Heysel was of me somehow ‘defending’ L’pool fans than something was BADLY lost in translation.

I couldn’t agree more with you as regards the P poor reaction from the football club over the intervening years. To turn around in 2005, when we finally encountered Juve again, and offer an ‘olive branch’ of friendship was two decades too late. Didn’t blame their supporters for turning their collective backs on it one bit.
Greggery Peccary reckons i was wrong on so many levels yesterday when i mentioned the last bit of you're post.......

Thank you for the clarification.

Nowhere have I either laid the blame solely on any one factor or absolved our own part in that horrible day.

As you’ll find many Reds, if you spoke to them in person and not follow the madness of Twitter hits or the oft mentioned RAWK lunacy (which pertains to most any clubs fan sites), wouldn’t shy away from.
Is that a ‘no’? Your response is unclear. Are you struggling to understand the question?

Frightened media outlets - it's pretty startling to be fair.........

Control of media output allows influence over a frighteningly large number of the population who believe everything they read in a Murdoch-owned rag or see on a TV screen via a Murdoch-owned broadcaster. The red scousers have taken media manipulation to a whole new level knowing full well that the parasitic scum-bags in the media will meekly accept whatever shite they're being spoon-fed.

I’ve read some far out conspiracy’s but Murdoch pandering to L’pool has made me chuckle.
In 1989, yes, completely - the lies spread about Liverpool supporters robbing the dead and pissing on them, plus spreading Dukenfield's lies about the forcing of a gate.

But ever since then Murdoch, be it papers or Sky (with the PL) have kowtowed to Liverpool (and United).

Edit:Maybe to try an undo the negativity of their Hillsborough reporting, but really it's just a cozy cartel of money making and keeping them both top of the clicks and eyeballs.
City have it bad...due to lack of media (neutral or positive) representation , but it's nowhere near as bad as the rest of the teams in the PL.

I’m sure he doesn’t need me to defend him here but let me ask you this question; what was the first major final you attended as a football fan?
Given my age and the team I support, that’s a bit of a touchy subject. I’d claim the Division 2 playoff final against Gillingham but I’m not sure you’ll accept that as a major final being European royalty.

Why do you ask?

Given my age and the team I support, that’s a bit of a touchy subject. I’d claim the Division 2 playoff final against Gillingham but I’m not due you’ll accept that as a major final being European royalty.

Why do you ask?

Because it doesn’t matter how old you are, you always remember your first big final. I didn’t go to Heysel as I was too young for that trip but went to Wembley the following year with my old man to see us win the Double. I could tell you ridiculously minor and obscure details from that day.
My point is that fans recall all sorts of little things from the big days and kids have better sponge minds than most. I saw young kids, 10/11, who were Spurs and Liverpool in Madrid with their dads and every one of them was walking round in the plazas utterly open mouthed and blown away. They’d never seen anything like that in their lives and I’d bet they could recount that whole day in full forever.
You can mock him for his memories of that day, but I’ve no doubt you can recall the stupidest of details from that play off final.

Last edited:
Because it doesn’t matter how old you are, you always remember your first big final. I didn’t go to Heysel as I was too young for that trip but went to Wembley the following year with my old man to see us win the Double. I could tell you ridiculously minor and obscure details from that day.
My point is that fans recall all sorts of little things from the big days and kids have better sponge minds than most. I saw young kids, 10/11, who were Spurs and Liverpool in Madrid with their dads and every one of them was walking round in the plazas utterly open mouthed and blown away. They’d never seen anything like that in their lives and I’d bet they could recount that whole day in full forever.
You can mock him for his memories of that day, but I’ve no doubt you can recall the stupidest of details from that play off final.
I think this is fair comment. I remember large parts of the ‘81 FA Cup final (when I was 11) like it was yesterday. I even remember what hotel we stayed in and what I had for breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.