Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’d have to come from here to fully understand that. Wherever you go, the accent carries its own stereotypical slurs. I forget which boxer coined it, but the last two ‘acceptable’ forms of racism are to mock the Irish and Liverpudlians.

And that’s before you even get into how Thatcher systemically tried to decimate the City with her ‘managed decline.’ And spending the past 3 decades and more battling the establishment, and subsequent abuse from people the breath of the land over the lies that still stand today with many over Sheffield. And then, laughably, they expect you to come together as one behind the National side and forget it for the duration of a tournament!

To start to scratch the surface of that scab.

You mean the left of left unreasonable Derek Hatton MP.

Modern-day football man. Sighs.

I do wish people, fans and club alike would leave the Gerrard bollocks alone.

It gets nauseating. Not least when he's in another bloody country. I don't know many people that are arsed what Stevies doing or what he's celebrating? Why they think we are you'd have to ask them? Placating the Worldwide fanbase I guess.

Reactions: Ric
Didn't the Juventus fans turn their backs to the pitch when some form of "relationship restoration" was taking place?

They did at the 05 Anfield leg, I was there. That’s fine, they’re more than entitled to do that. But that hasn’t stopped the relationship between other sets of fans and certainly not between the clubs. You’re never going to get an all united front because of the differing involvement of people. Look at the safe standing issue. Every Kopite I know would have a full safe standing Kop tomorrow. There’s overwhelming support in a lot of areas, but ultimately it’s down to the families on that, it’s not our decision alone. It’s the same here, some will have deeper connections than others.

They did at the 05 Anfield leg, I was there. That’s fine, they’re more than entitled to do that. But that hasn’t stopped the relationship between other sets of fans and certainly not between the clubs. You’re never going to get an all united front because of the differing involvement of people. Look at the safe standing issue. Every Kopite I know would have a full safe standing Kop tomorrow. There’s overwhelming support in a lot of areas, but ultimately it’s down to the families on that, it’s not our decision alone. It’s the same here, some will have deeper connections than others.

Fully concur with that.

But sadly it will probably never happen at ours down to the sway of the HFSG. (Most on the HJC are behind seating.). Which has always been a bugbear of mine. I sympathise for their loss and support them totally in the still ongoing fight but it's never sat right to have Hicks and Aspinall preaching over what's best for us. As a survivor, I should have a say in that but it is what it is and an emotive subject.

*Edit* Behind safe standing rather.

Last edited:
Fully concur with that.

But sadly it will probably never happen at ours down to the sway of the HFSG. (Most on the HJC are behind seating.). Which has always been a bugbear of mine. I sympathise for their loss and support them totally in the still ongoing fight but it's never sat right to have Hicks and Aspinall preaching over what's best for us. As a survivor, I should have a say in that but it is what it is and an emotive subject.

I think their views are a little outdated, but they lost kids there so they can say what they want. The likes of Anne Williams have been more progressive in their thinking over the years. Just have to see what happens really.

I think their views are a little outdated, but they lost kids there so they can say what they want. The likes of Anne Williams have been more progressive in their thinking over the years. Just have to see what happens really.

Any chance you two could take this to PM ?

You’d have to come from here to fully understand that. Wherever you go, the accent carries its own stereotypical slurs. I forget which boxer coined it, but the last two ‘acceptable’ forms of racism are to mock the Irish and Liverpudlians.

And that’s before you even get into how Thatcher systemically tried to decimate the City with her ‘managed decline.’ And spending the past 3 decades and more battling the establishment, and subsequent abuse from people the breath of the land over the lies that still stand today with many over Sheffield. And then, laughably, they expect you to come together as one behind the National side and forget it for the duration of a tournament!

To start to scratch the surface of that scab.
I could dismantle this garbage piece by piece , save this sanctimonious shite for 20 year olds that might be taken in , i’m older & know Liverpool , I go by what i’ve Seen over the years suffice to say if there was a saw big enough i’d cut the city off of England & kick it out into the Irish Sea , all residents on board of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.