Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

No positive tests from this weekends testing.
That's good news.

The government did not trust the herd so they locked them down. The herd doesn't trust the generals, and in the vacuum fear and irrational behaviour thrive and it needs to be challenged.

Acosta those grounds like Anfield, Goodison, etc.. Where there are roads that go pass the grounds. These will be virtually impossible to stop crowds from congregating, unless they block all the roads for at least 1/4 mile all the way around.

This can't be done because the police won't have enough manpower to do this. May be if the Premier League will give a points deduction that might work.

HaHa, now that would be hilarious.

That's good news.

The government did not trust the herd so they locked them down. The herd doesn't trust the generals, and in the vacuum fear and irrational behaviour thrive and it needs to be challenged.

Close people to me have lost their lives to this virus , my wife is high risk , we self isolate for preservation , perhaps you can challenge my irrational fears ?

If it weren’t for this damn virus:.. just about now we’d be watching Merlin lifting the CL IN Istanbul

It is two full test matches against West Indies at Old Trafford back to back taking up most of the last two weeks in July. It was in the papers about this on Thursday. I just looked. Not 100% it seems. But looks like it will be.

If that is the reason it might change if they do not go ahead.

But only two grounds have hotels built into them for isolation of the teams so all will be played at OT and the other in Hampshire. Reportedly.

Hopefully they will see sense as its clearly unfair on City to lose two home games.

I was unaware they were being rearranged like that - you wouldn't think any significant sort of police presence would be needed.

3 tests in 4 or so weeks will have Pete Marron turning.

Is that really the reason?
Pretty much, as far as I'm aware the neutral venue games are on the police recommendations. There's a real North/south divide, I.E. Everton v Liverpool is at a neutral venue but London games, Spurs v Arsenal I think, aren't.
Oddly enough a lot of Liverpool's more difficult away games are scheduled at neutral venues. Possibly because they don't know which exact one they will be officially gifted the title at, obviously this doesn't affect the integrity of the league though and has nothing to do with the behaviour of 'the most knowledgeable fans in the world', allegedly.

Pretty much, as far as I'm aware the neutral venue games are on the police recommendations. There's a real North/south divide, I.E. Everton v Liverpool is at a neutral venue but London games, Spurs v Arsenal I think, aren't.
Oddly enough a lot of Liverpool's more difficult away games are scheduled at neutral venues. Possibly because they don't know which exact one they will be officially gifted the title at, obviously this doesn't affect the integrity of the league though and has nothing to do with the behaviour of 'the most knowledgeable fans in the world', allegedly.

Thanks for the info. Crazy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.