Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
i always thought there was a lot of divisions in the hillsborough family support groups- AW for instance i always had a lot of time for , whereas MA and TH though i could never understand or imagine the pain they went through, i always thought it was more about them if that makes sense. the HFSG actually denied AW the chance to join as they believed she was only interested in her own case eg her son Kevin. JG was a man i always had respect for, but i always thought there were 2 support groups in essence. if you look into the history of the HFSG for instance it was believed that certain high profile families and the club itself were actually communicating with the Sun at one stage and the sum of 96k compensation was mentioned, something that other families were appalled by. hence JG being influential in setting up the HJC.

Cant really argue with any of that. There’s a lot of murky stuff with the club in that period, the way they handled certain things and indeed to this day in other areas. The support groups were a case in point, the club and HFSG made things as difficult as possible for the HJC. The likes of Gerry who ran the HJC shop for years as well as driving the campaign forward are modern day heroes. The likes of the Hickses and Aspinalls, whilst driven by the same thing, didn’t go about it as well in my eyes. But that’s fuck all to do with me, it’s their gig.

I’ve woke up in rainy Aus & have seen no answers to obvious lies, no change in attitudes, still always the victims & never their fault.

put the same sentence in Thatchers Britain, Heysel & yet can’t see it when FSG do it to their own.

Ironic that this club was made by Tories & acts like Tories with the way they treat the community & other less well off clubs.

Anyway that’s it, I’m out.

Cant really argue with any of that. There’s a lot of murky stuff with the club in that period, the way they handled certain things and indeed to this day in other areas. The support groups were a case in point, the club and HFSG made things as difficult as possible for the HJC. The likes of Gerry who ran the HJC shop for years as well as driving the campaign forward are modern day heroes. The likes of the Hickses and Aspinalls, whilst driven by the same thing, didn’t go about it as well in my eyes. But that’s fuck all to do with me, it’s their gig.
Always feel for those families. On a fundamental human level it's impossible not to empathise with their pain that is clearly as raw now as back in 89. One thing I can't understand is why in February this year they were persuaded to hold another of the previously annual memorial service at anfield in April (cancelled due to covid) after they stated very firmly and publicly in 2016 that that one would be the last. Was there a particular significance around this year?

I might watch the Atletico tie at anfield later, thoroughly enjoyed that game, well the ending.

Obviously a game that should not have taken place, but nowt I could do about it.

Ahhh man, Wish I'd have known, I'd have watched that with you and cut short a very boozy zoom gettogether.

L'pool was superb that night but it just wasn't to be. A real pride night but Atlético just had that little bit more. Props to them.

Superb nights entertainment I'd be all over watching again.

Always feel for those families. On a fundamental human level it's impossible not to empathise with their pain that is clearly as raw now as back in 89. One thing I can't understand is why in February this year they were persuaded to hold another of the previously annual memorial service at anfield in April (cancelled due to covid) after they stated very firmly and publicly in 2016 that that one would be the last. Was there a particular significance around this year?

Just a final one mate to bring a close to them at the ground now legal proceedings are drawing to a close.

We've personally swerved the memorial at the ground since the 25th as it was becoming the furthest thing from what it should have been imaginable. Too many whoppers wanting to take photies of the players. Hicks and co using it as a political occasion to voice their views. Not a remembrance service to mourn the loss of lost friends and the worst day any of us will ever have to live through.

We started doing our own thing down St Nicks the Pier Head, which I've always considered the spiritual home of the City, with great compliance from the clergy there. Short. Respectful. Traditional. Worked perfectly for us. Then when Church commitments conflicted, joining the HJC service the memorial the bottom of St Johns.

This year, being in lockdown, away from friends that you've always shared the day way to help see you through, the hardest day was that little bit harder.

JFT96. YNWA.

Last edited:
Just a final one mate to bring a close to them at the ground now legal proceedings are drawing to a close.

We've personally swerved the memorial at the ground since the 25th as it was becoming the furthest thing from what it should have been imaginable. Too many whoppers wanting to take photies of the players. Hicks and co using it as a political occasion to voice their views. Not a remembrance service to mourn the loss of lost friends and the worst day any of us will ever have to live through.

We started doing our own thing down St Nicks the Pier Head, which I've always considered the spiritual home of the City, with great compliance from the clergy there. Short. Respectful. Traditional. Worked perfectly for us. Then when Church commitments conflicted, joining the HJC service the memorial the bottom of St Johns.

This year, being in lockdown, away from friends that you've always shared the day way to help see you through, the hardest day was that little bit harder.

JFT96. YNWA.
St Nicks is a beautiful church.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.