COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grim scenes just about everywhere in the country at the moment. Just clear so many have given up. What will the government do? Will they try anything other than repeating the same advice they've said in weeks in press conferences that most don't watch anymore? If they don't try anything new to get the message across, why not?

Grim scenes just about everywhere in the country at the moment. Just clear so many have given up. What will the government do? Will they try anything other than repeating the same advice they've said in weeks in press conferences that most don't watch anymore? If they don't try anything new to get the message across, why not?
You say grim scenes but I really don't see any of it. I am in Cambridge most days and have yet to see anyone not distancing. Whilst I haven't been to the beaches the press are keen on showing every single day (and I do wonder if they are desperately trying to ensure the lockdown plan is scuppered, for their own ends), I have seen the same photograph of a beach from several different perspectives. Suffice to say, the overhead view, tells a very different story than the one that appears to have everyone in each others speedo's..

You say grim scenes but I really don't see any of it. I am in Cambridge most days and have yet to see anyone not distancing. Whilst I haven't been to the beaches the press are keen on showing every single day (and I do wonder if they are desperately trying to ensure the lockdown plan is scuppered, for their own ends), I have seen the same photograph of a beach from several different perspectives. Suffice to say, the overhead view, tells a very different story than the one that appears to have everyone in each others speedo's..
The vast majority of the press are all over the place... lockdown/don't lockdown etc constantly changing the narrative to sell airtime & papers without a care in the world for life.

Well, you live in quaint Cambridge for one. Correct if i'm wrong, but i'd hazard a guess the people of Cambridge are awfully different to the people of Manchester as an example, and probably different to a lot of places. A small drive around Manchester yesterday (honestly, ten mins, just to find somewhere not rammed to sit down) and we saw absolutely loads groups of people pissed up in groups of 10+, not even close to social distancing at all. All young people hammered. Was hard to find any green space at all without beer garden-esque scenes. There's reports and photos of the same things happening in every other major city. Even the police are being quoted as saying it feels like lockdown is over.

I've noticed this, they will always take a picture looking down a promenade. Looks like there are hundreds right next to each other due to the fact there's no depth in photos. In reality these people could be about 10 feet from each other. Very deliberately done.

I’m still acting as if we’re still in Phase 4. Still only going out of the flat to get food or to exercise once every other a day earlier in the morning when it’s quieter and on rest days I go for a walk in the evening when it’s quieter.

You only have to see that we’re getting an average of 1,800 new cases a day (when we went into the actual Phase 4 restrictions we were getting an average of 800 new cases a day!) to make us think that we are miles away from being ready to ease restrictions at the moment. So I don’t care what the Govt says they are doing and what Phase they say we’re in, I’m staying in Phase 4.

How thick are people who think that going to places that will be packed, is a good idea?
Exactly the way to do it, the advice we get via Gov is a balance between health and finance for the Nation whereas each person should only look at their personal risk.
If you want to avoid the people who are either indifferent or ignorant of CV risk then isolate yourself from them don't envy their apparent freedom

Well, you live in quaint Cambridge for one. Correct if i'm wrong, but i'd hazard a guess the people of Cambridge are awfully different to the people of Manchester as an example, and probably different to a lot of places. A small drive around Manchester yesterday (honestly, ten mins, just to find somewhere not rammed to sit down) and we saw absolutely loads groups of people pissed up in groups of 10+, not even close to social distancing at all. All young people hammered. Was hard to find any green space at all without beer garden-esque scenes. There's reports and photos of the same things happening in every other major city. Even the police are being quoted as saying it feels like lockdown is over.

You should visit when the Cambridge Summer Fair is on, no difference at all. Like the bar in Star Wars but outside. Think you have to distinguish between Town and Gown. ;-)

8 days without any deaths here in Malaysia now. We've had a slight relaxing of lockdown for a couple of weeks now, but schools still aren't back. I'm going to the pub tonight though. Still can't get a hair cut. We've been getting about 30-100 new cases a day for about a month now, but there was a big spike a few days ago. I think it's often when flights come in from other countries though.

Exactly the way to do it, the advice we get via Gov is a balance between health and finance for the Nation whereas each person should only look at their personal risk.
If you want to avoid the people who are either indifferent or ignorant of CV risk then isolate yourself from them don't envy their apparent freedom

I think some people's concerns though are that they can't really isolate from them. They've got to go to work etc. Those indifferent to the rules put others who are trying their best at risk, and only prolong everything for the rest of us. They really are arrogant, selfish bastards.

The 2nd wave is going to be as bad if not worse than the first.

If we’d held out just a 3-4 weeks longer with a stronger lockdown then we’d have most likely avoided it, at least to the degree it will hit now.

Unfortunately people thought ‘protecting the economy’ was more important. What they didn’t realise that holding out just that bit longer would protect the economy much more than rushing back into things would.

Younger people out drinking, people of all ages going round to houses. Social distancing isn’t an exact science. If you’re round someone’s house getting pissed and one of you has the virus it’s likely it would be passed on if you’re with each other all day, using the same bathroom etc, even if you’re so far apart.

The figures in a few months are going to be horrendous compared to the countries which did lockdown right, and they already look outrageously bad right now.

This government has so much to answer for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.