Is it better to be ignorant ?

Much worse and more dangerous than those who are ignorant are those who think they know it all. There are plenty of those on here. The wisest amongst us are those who recognise how little we know for certain.

this is the dilema - I argue with a couple people on social media (they are predominantly right wing, I am left) even so, I really do try and be as balanced as possible (in my view) but they constantly make out I am some sort of extremist leftie for defending my position.
I made the point these riots have been a long time coming due to the injustice of black Americans - they make the points that Riots are not justified whatsoever and this police guy doesn’t represent the majority of Police. I really get their view but they make out I’m fully in support of rioting ! It’s these sort of debates I think to myself why bother.
I’ve got plenty of mates who stray away from social media, debates, other platforms , I don’t even know what their political views are - and I find myself thinking, I’d rather be that way inclined. If only I could bite my lip!

I’ve got enough going on in my life without worrying about shit that doesn’t concern me. Not sure if that makes me ignorant or not but I’ve got one go at this life and I’m going to choose how to live it on my terms.
Fair play to the busy cunts though, the world definitely needs you.

The plastic Nile all the fish have injested bits of plastic it makes me mad, Cairo has a recycling plant that dumps it all into the river. This covid virus has produced larger amounts of Ppe, mainly worn only once per patient then thrown it’s so sad. I know it should not bother me but it does

yep. Totally get your feelings on this.

The question is though ... would you rather not have known ?

No idea why you would think that more ignorance equals less ability to appreciate the good things in life as I live my life and I'm very happy. I leave the worrying to the missus. If I can't do anything about it then why get in a fret about it?

What you are saying is you need the full emotional gambit to experience life to the full. That's bullshit. I would suggest that wringing your hands at every opportunity means you are not living your life to the full.

Sorry, I didn't clarify. There's a huge difference between ignorant by choice and ignorant because well..they're just a bit of an idiot and don't care. I meant the latter, whereas you're in the former. No offence meant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.