George Floyd murder | Clashes between US police and protestors

Status
Not open for further replies.
“You see, you don't understand, we was three-fifths of a man
So when‭ ‬they ended slavery they had another plan
They said we can't end slavery, too many residuals
So they don't call you slaves no more, they call you criminals
Sendin' you to prison, you workin' for cheap labor...”

Any excuse to post this freestyle but the lyrics quoted seem very apt given what’s going on

again sweeping statements. Never said I cared more about bricks and mortar either... you can care about the community/ local shops and also care about ending police brutality. It’s not either or

one of the most powerful protests in the uk were the Iraq war protests. One of The largest ones had no looting or mass rioting. robbing a shop isn’t going to change a thing in my opinion

next time there’s corruption or anything similar in the uk let’s all go to our community centres. Shops, business’s and burn them down ...

Hahahaha the iraq war protests...where 2 million people marched to stop the country going to war and then we went to war 2 weeks later.

You're clearly just taking the piss now, you couldn't have come up with a more clear example of how easy it is to ignore peaceful protests.

Hahahaha the iraq war protests...where 2 million people marched to stop the country going to war and then we went to war 2 weeks later.

You're clearly just taking the fucking piss now, you couldn't have come up with a more clear example of how easy it is to ignore peaceful protests.
He’s a dick.

I understand that and completely support protest against what’s gone on, but how is burning down local business’s going to change that ? Especially in the areas/areas where these awful things have happened

Forgetting everything - Maybe America, the president, the governors and certain Police states in America now know that the next time a Police guy unjustifiably murders a black guy without reasonable charge - they won’t be met with peaceful protests - they will be met with complete chaos, anarchy, rioting and looting.

the ball is in the court of the America police to not tread this line

Forgetting everything - Maybe America, the president, the governors and certain Police states in America now know that the next time a Police guy unjustifiably murders a black guy without reasonable charge - they won’t be met with peaceful protests - they will be met with complete chaos, anarchy, rioting and looting.

the ball is in the court of the America police to not tread this line

Judging by the tens if not hundreds of videos of police brutality videos I've seen from these past couple of days they either haven't learned a thing or they don't want to learn a thing. Far too many of them are absolute scum.

Judging by the tens if not hundreds of videos of police brutality videos I've seen from these past couple of days they either haven't learned a thing or they don't want to learn a thing. Far too many of them are absolute scum.

I don’t disagree. I don’t want to see this.

BUT the black injustice simply couldn’t continue any longer - this has been coming for a long time - the murder of George Floyd was the final straw

Think the Poll Tax riots, by dint of their sheer ferocity, had a profound effect on UK politics, and before that the riots of 1981 had an effect on UK policing and changes were made in light of Scarman.

Have always considered riots an important weather vane and authorities ignore/downplay them at their peril.

Think the Poll Tax riots, by dint of their sheer ferocity, had a profound effect on UK politics, and before that the riots of 1981 had an effect on UK policing and changes were made in light of Scarman.

Have always considered riots an important weather vane and authorities ignore/downplay them at their peril.

Didn't the strangeways riot help reform the prison system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.