George Floyd murder | Clashes between US police and protestors

Status
Not open for further replies.
#alllivesmater is trending. With one T. It's almost a parody at this point.

Admittedly it's mainly now trending because of everyone pointing out how stupid they are, but still.

Well, they are stupid.

Just watched a few minutes of the looting of a Santa Monica sports shop. I giggled when I saw a guy running out with about 6 Nike boxes.

No Nike! No peace!

Clowns.

I meant he might have a point about the reason for the media being told the get down in the first place. But yeah, you're right.

We've seen this so many times in other protests. Pepper spray, tasers, and so on, were always sold to us as an alternative to having to shoot someone. They're for the protection of officers who would otherwise have to use guns to protect themselves. But more often than not, we see them, and other forms of violence, being used against people who are simply non-compliant, not actually a threat. A protester won't move? Give them a swift kick, a hit of pepper spray or a rubber bullet (or often point a real gun at them and get surprised when people panic and act in a way that then results in them getting shot).

Just 40 bad apples in a line shooting rubber bullets.

You tell me

Tribalism is natural. Surely you know this; to find commonality. In football, women, hair colour or skin for example. Naturally isms are created from certain groups.

It can take either nature or nuture to force yourself away from herd thinking.

Either way, you have your own isms to deal with first, before criticising others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.