George Floyd murder | Clashes between US police and protestors

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is a massive chance for Biden to come out and promise some kind of reform - perhaps harsher penalty's for police for any related black brutality. this would really help calm the storm

Biden, good grief - you have completely missed the point

Catching up with what happened overnight, it seems like there have been fewer instances of police escalation and violence last night, and more focused protesting than angry rioting.

I believe the clear point here is neither is a solution

Biden clearly is a solution. He's not perfect by any means, he's not the solution but he is many orders of magnitude better than Trump and would be a desperately needed return to normalcy.

This might be the pinnacle of idiotic "both sides"-ing, when someone compares Biden's pitfalls and compares them to the worst, most racist, misogynistic, destructive president in living memory and decides that because Biden's not their perfect candidate there's no difference between the two.

Spot on, PC
I've never understood the morbid fixation this country's media have with all things American.
Hurricane season starts in America, and its the first item on OUR news. Yet in Asia, when it's monsoon/landslide etc season, and the death tolls are tenfold in comparison, these stories are footnotes (or even unreported) by our media.
There's DAILY civil unrest in countless African countries, yet these are on page 15 in the bottom corners of broadsheet newspapers.
Car bombs go off daily in various Middle Eastern countries. These are left to the ends of bulletins. Should something like this happen in America, Clive Myrie, Dermot Murnaghan and spurious ITN journalist will be on the first plane out of Heathrow.
American lives matter more.

A typical example of our media's obsession with USA, was the circus (that's what it was) surrounding OJ Simpson in the mid 90's. I'd wager that well over 95% of our population wouldn't have had a clue about who or what he was. And that 5% who did know of him, was mainly due to him being in the Naked Gun films. Yet, umpteen UK camera crews/reporters/journalists were camped outside the courtroom for weeks. Would the Yanks have done the same for Kevin Keegan/Ian Botham, etc???? I think we know the answer.

We've come full circle and are pretty much an American colony now. I can understand it to an extent with some of the online papers (where clicks from US visitors bring in £) but having it plastered all over the BBC? Same with the coverage about Trump.

Biden clearly is a solution. He's not perfect by any means, he's not the solution but he is many orders of magnitude better than Trump and would be a desperately needed return to normalcy.

This might be the pinnacle of idiotic "both sides"-ing, when someone compares Biden's pitfalls and compares them to the worst, most racist, misogynistic, destructive president in living memory and decides that because Biden's not their perfect candidate there's no difference between the two.

Solution to what? Genuine question because he is simply a continuation of what has long persisted in a corrupt democratic party

Less of two evils doctrine has done nothing to effect any actual change. Biden, is among the worst possible options as an 'alternative' to the clown in office atm. Follow his history on black issues, you don't even have to go too far back to reveal just how ridiculous it is to even have him in the conversation

System is broken (on nearly every level) and I have commented on this previously, any substantial course correction is predicated on a revolution. It must be rebuilt from the ground up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.