Meditation

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
I’ve dabbled in it before but never more than the odd time. But thinking of getting into it while I’ve got some time off.

https://www.nytimes.com/guides/well/how-to-meditate

Anyone else meditate? Any positive outcomes from it?
Meditation? Kinda like Jim Morrison's ideas around Riders on the Storm? As in not fighting the storm or denying it, but finding the quiet centre within, where we can 'ride the storm', 'til it, too, passes through. Go for it...

I have been using the Insight timer app for sleep meditations. Not going to lie, a lot of it came across as hippy mumbo jumbo at first, but it has been helping me sleep.

What's the best time of day? I'm pretty good At practicing mindfulness and being in "the moment" and silencing thought during action, but during actual "sitting" sessions I don't know when the best part of the day is. Upon waking? After work? Mid day is not feasible because of work.

I’ve dabbled in it before but never more than the odd time. But thinking of getting into it while I’ve got some time off.

https://www.nytimes.com/guides/well/how-to-meditate

Anyone else meditate? Any positive outcomes from it?

I dabbled in Buddhist meditation for a bit when living in Thailand. It seemed to help with sleeping (not during meditation), which I was having trouble with at the time. My wife used to spend a few weeks a year at a temple meditating (but any benefit was probably more due to getting away from me for a few weeks).

I worked with a bricky who was well into it and attended classes and such. I don't know if it was meditation or just the way he was naturally but nothing ever seemed to faze him. I'd be kicking shit all over the place if something went wrong and he would just roll a fag and calmly start again. I've tried it myself off and on with mixed results but as it says in the article it just makes me sleepy usually.

It's not for me but Mrs Moon meditates daily apparently it helps with her work as a Spiritual Medium.....just don't ask!!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.