George Floyd murder | Clashes between US police and protestors

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.jpg

Shit's about to get real!
I heard Chuck tested positive for corona virus, but the virus had to be quarantined for 2 weeks.

Didn’t want to be the first to bring it up, but the last week reminds me of the start of the troubles in NI.

Personally I don’t think it’ll go the way of NI, because there are differences obviously.
But if it got to the stage that individual communities decided to barricade themselves in and protect themselves it could get out of hand very badly.

I personally think it is more akin to a tinpot dictatorship at the moment.

I still can’t believe how it has progressed to this stage in America and would be reluctant to rule out anything. Even stuff I wouldn’t have entertained a month ago.
Just as a bit of perspective, there are hundreds of thousands of square miles in this country that aren't even close to any of the troubles. I agree it's gotten out of hand but for the majority of the country they're only seeing it as you do, TV

Ok my bad when he was running for office the first time. If you think that a man who will be nearly 78 years old come the election date can maintain the energy levels needed to undertake the arduous campaign you have more optimism than I do. I also believe the Trump campaign has a stack of dirty laundry on Biden. Not a Trump fan btw.

Yeah, but, mate look -- I appreciate that this is what you think, but your opinion isn't informed. How have the Democrats "given up the ghost", especially now that your comparative was an error? The economy was in chaos in 2008 and the Republicans had the Presidency! Same as now, not the opposite -- the same.

If past is prologue, Trump will invent dirty laundry about Biden whether he actually has it or not, but whatever Biden may have done that was untoward in 30+ years of public service (where he had a by-all-accounts pristine record of kindness, even if he's perceived as a bit dim), everyone can point to things far more untoward in Trump's background -- so the dirty laundry issue doesn't work as a campaign tactic especially when employed by an incumbent who has to run on his own track record. You don't know any more about Biden's health than I do, nor Trump's -- unless you're a doctor. I don't have more optimism; I just don't know what I don't know.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound condescending but it's frustrating. You have a right to offer your opinion, but my real issue is that you're posting because you can, before asking whether or not you should. I'm not on British political threads on bluemoon unless I have a question or am trying to learn from those that know more than I do. For that matter, I'm not on Plymouth Argyle forums or nuclear physics forums either. So if you can't get a simple fact right about who Obama's 2012 opposition was, how much value should I believe you can actually add to the discussion?

Just as a bit of perspective, there are hundreds of thousands of square miles in this country that aren't even close to any of the troubles. I agree it's gotten out of hand but for the majority of the country they're only seeing it as you do, TV
Yes my sister is in the sticks in Massachusetts. Still though you'd be worried about the ramifications down the line.

Fair enough.
America is essentially a conglomerate of very different states.
I said previously that it’s not a country in my mind and I don’t know whether you took offence or not.

I didn’t mean to be disrespectful in saying that, it’s just that I cannot discern any sense of governance from your federal government in your current situation that is consistent with what is required and being asked for in individual states and quite often quite contrary to what state governors themselves wish for.

He’s claiming he will put the army out in every state if necessary and you have a U. S. Lt General coming on and saying he is making claims that he cannot carry out and needs to be checked.

American people need to reclaim their country. Because it sure looks like it is being taken off you.

We can fit 8 MA's in Idaho, there are no sticks there :)
Silly question bug is the "in the sticks" phrase just a Mass thing?

Lived there for nearly 10 years. Loved it and loved the people, even the over-zealous nazi looking police. Lol.

Aptly enough I was the beneficiary of police racism once. In my first summer there and with more money than sense I leased a sporty car. Brought my friend to an Irish bar near South Station, Boston that weekend. Ended up drinking myself and being hammered. Stupidly offered to get us 10 or so miles to a friends house. Crashed, right in front of a parked cop car on my first turn. Totalled the car. White cop after chatting with my other Irish friends asked all about my Irish heritage and told me how I was all set. Black cop said I was going to pay for such an obviously idiotic and dangerous crime. Next thing at least 20 white cops come out of an Irish bar across the road ( must have heard the huge crash). White cop has a word and then the all circle the black cop. He gets back into the squad car, I'm in the back. He is furious. Tells me I'm getting off with everything because I'm white. That only hours ago they dealt with black guys my age and no mercy was shown. I apologised and said I knew it was unfair and that I deserved the same as them but... later I got a $50 fine for speeding in a 30 zone.

Fair enough.
America is essentially a conglomerate of very different states.
I said previously that it’s not a country in my mind and I don’t know whether you took offence or not.

I didn’t mean to be disrespectful in saying that, it’s just that I cannot discern any sense of governance from your federal government in your current situation that is consistent with what is required and being asked for in individual states and quite often quite contrary to what state governors themselves wish for.

He’s claiming he will put the army out in every state if necessary and you have a U. S. Lt General coming on and saying he is making claims that he cannot carry out and needs to be checked.

American people need to reclaim their country. Because it sure looks like it is being taken off you.
I took no offence mate, found it rather amusing.
You are correct in your assessment and many people in the country feel the same. People around here want nothing to do with the west coast, east coast, Texas, mid west etc and vise versa. Personally I am an eternal optimist and am not worried about the future. I started with nothing and will probably end up the same way, had a lot of fun in the middle though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.