Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of days ago I cynically said there was a subtle mission creep by li'pool fans who were coming on here and very carefully winding Blues up with the sole intention of getting Blues banned from this thread. They were also going on other threads doing the same. I said between 2 and 5 dippers, well it seems we now have 3.... be careful Blues. Do not respond - do not engage-do not let them win.
It's a sad state of affairs and I remember your warning clearly over the weekend.

I think he's a good buy precisely because he's a massive upgrade on Origi, but he's also a better out and out striker than Firmino, so if they ever sign a creative midfielder to do the #10 work Firmino does, Werner could end up in the front 3.

Can’t stand them
But that said they are building a great team
If each player is replaced with an upgrade then you end up with a top squad with a winning mentality
It’s a shame coz there’s only us and them that have both those things
Still it’s all about rivalries
We improve a bit and they drop off a bit and it’s on
Two great teams

I know us City fans sometimes moan about some of our tickets prices etc.
But I was taking to a southern liverpool fan doing some painting in our rented home. We got talking about ticket schemes and prices etc. I said I only have a matchday citizens card, 10% of ticket and the shop etc ,he said he has the same thing at liverpool. I said I go about 10 times a season. He said he goes about twice as it's hard to get tickets.
I said I pay £35 , he said same as me "I pay £35 a month ! " ...."what ! No I pay £35 a year " I said lol. The look on his face as he was paying nearly £350 a season compared to my £35 lol.
I than started taking piss about how liverpool treat their fans ;)

...£350 a year for the 'right' to buy match tickets at a 10% discount...if they're available?... that is truly scandalous.

Can’t stand them
But that said they are building a great team
If each player is replaced with an upgrade then you end up with a top squad with a winning mentality
It’s a shame coz there’s only us and them that have both those things
Still it’s all about rivalries
We improve a bit and they drop off a bit and it’s on
Two great teams

Indeed. All things being equal, it's going to be a heck of a battle between us both over the coming years. I think we've now entered an era like the Barca/ Madrid domination of La Liga. SO far ahead of everyone else in England that L'pool and City are.

On transfers, it gets harder and harder at our level, doesn't it? That pool of top draw players you have to pick from that are as good as what you have, let alone who will improve you, get's smaller and smaller the more you improve as a football club, doesn't it? And then you throw in the respective ethos' of Pep and Klopp, and the specific style of players needed to fit their intricate systems and the pool to pick from decreases even further.

And Christ knows what CV will do to the market going forward?

I can see the emphasis switching even more on youth development in the interim at least.

A couple of days ago I cynically said there was a subtle mission creep by li'pool fans who were coming on here and very carefully winding Blues up with the sole intention of getting Blues banned from this thread. They were also going on other threads doing the same. I said between 2 and 5 dippers, well it seems we now have 3.... be careful Blues. Do not respond - do not engage-do not let them win.
I'm with you here Blue Mist.....something smells fishy about Pecker and Kloppshite and I'm not talking about the contents of Baldricks trousers!
All this "I'm just here to talk football" bollox....more like organised Livarpool PR infestation....they're here all day everyday!

We should take an active part in training ex players in the art of punditry, polishing the rough edges of em, helping them out in any way we can. Dunney had a decent run on BT Sport but then seemed to fall by the wayside, Micah’s starting to get work now, Michael Brown does a lot of radio stuff, Lescott too has had decent exposure, Hinchy gets gigs as a co commentator. So we’re beginning to build a presence in the media although we need to up the numbers.

The problem for me is that they all seem almost frightened to be too pro City, I don’t know if the producers or whoever warn them beforehand but they don’t show anything like the same bias that all the ex scousers and rags do. Obviously in an ideal world we want some semblance of impartiality but it’s not an ideal world so we should fight fire with fire and put across pro city points forcefully.

Micah's the only one who seems incredibly proud to have played for us, not the best pundit in terms of actual analysis but he's a good laugh and a top bloke. Love seeing him pop up here there and everywhere at the moment

I'm with you here Blue Mist.....something smells fishy about Pecker and Kloppshite and I'm not talking about the contents of Baldricks trousers!
All this "I'm just here to talk football" bollox....more like organised Livarpool PR infestation....they're here all day everyday!

The ‘I’m just here to talk football’ line gets trotted out when they get put right by posters. I see our dipper friend has moved on from being corrected that everything will be right with Liverpool’s finances coming out of covid 19. I think our two friends are the same person and also been banned from here before , I wonder if he will be here if the dippers are behind us next year? Very much doubt it.

Indeed. All things being equal, it's going to be a heck of a battle between us both over the coming years. I think we've now entered an era like the Barca/ Madrid domination of La Liga. SO far ahead of everyone else in England that L'pool and City are.

On transfers, it gets harder and harder at our level, doesn't it? That pool of top draw players you have to pick from that are as good as what you have, let alone who will improve you, get's smaller and smaller the more you improve as a football club, doesn't it? And then you throw in the respective ethos' of Pep and Klopp, and the specific style of players needed to fit their intricate systems and the pool to pick from decreases even further.

And Christ knows what CV will do to the market going forward?

I can see the emphasis switching even more on youth development in the interim at least.
“It gets harder and harder at our level for transfers”
To right it does !

especially when u no longer have ur main rivals passwords

please go back to ur ‘city of pity!’

leave us alone

The ‘I’m just here to talk football’ line gets trotted out when they get put right by posters. I see our dipper friend has moved on from being corrected that everything will be right with Liverpool’s finances coming out of covid 19. I think our two friends are the same person and also been banned from here before , I wonder if he will be here if the dippers are behind us next year? Very much doubt it.
Funny how they didn't want to talk about football at the end of last season...or the previous 29 for that matter....

I also agree that they are one and the same....there's no way you get 2 dippers who post in such a similar fashion and are so reasonable with their arguments without eventually cracking and threatening to come down and punch your lights out when taken to task!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.