COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where your evidence for saying people who were ill
With Covid chose to go to work? You may be right but I would like to see your evidence. I know people who were entitled to go to work as self employed but chose to stay at home and we’re earning sweet FA.

Yes older people aren’t valued enough in our society and people in care homes including residents and staff should have had far better protection tue numbers of people being moved from hospitals to care homes reduced but the people who were still shouldn’t have been transferred without testing.
So, why do you think that the death rate for men working in social care settings is almost 3 times higher than in hospital settings and twice as high in women, in the same situation?
We were testing care home patients, in hospitals, for Corvid, they were testing positive and we then sent them back into the care home. Once visiting was banned there were only two groups they were going to infect, staff and patients.
If you’re earning £1200 per month and your rent is £700 and your employer says you can’t be furloughed (because your job still currently happens) so you can get £196 for two weeks off sick, how likely is it that, at the start of all this, members of staff would have stayed at home? That was particularly compounded by them not being able to access testing, so they might have had a cold/flu, stay at home for 2 weeks. Back to work, look after a covid patient, get symptoms, stay at home for 2 weeks.
As for evidence, I only have what I have seen with my own eyes and people I have spoken to.
I don’t have any empirical, peer reviewed evidence, but then neither did professor Ferguson and he’s brought about the biggest financial catastrophe (and likely long term sustained reduction in life expectancy and quality of life) the world has ever seen....

Excess deaths as of week 21 ( ending 22nd May ) Total excess since 20th March = 56,380

avarage-Deaths-Week21.png

So still around 2,500 excess deaths a week? Pretty mad to think that when the first projections came out (500,000 deaths if next-to-no measures taken), most people - me included - thought it was pretty outlandish.

I have been wearing a mask for a number of weeks now but I would estimate it's 1 in 15 around where I live / shop. How many on here have taken to wearing a mask / face covering when going to the shops? I would assume it's plenty as so many have been saying for weeks we should be wearing them and they would surely follow their own words of advice
I bought some, have a load in a drawer and few in car, never put one on once as yet and won’t be doing unless I’m ordered to by the government.

But how many of these extra 2500 are people dying directly of Covid or of other things because the lockdown makes them not seek hospital treatment?

Keeping the lock down causes deaths as well as easing it might risk doing. You just have to judge the right balance point.

What is clear is numbers have come way down as we belatedly got to grips with the community and care home cases.

The big problem was our inability to test test test in February/March as the WHO told everyone to do.

No government will make that mistake again now we have the ability that we had ceded to Germany by us focusing on drug development and they being well equipped with labs to do tests

Leaving the EU whatever you think of it will at least force us to be self sufficient on both areas going forward hopefully.

I have been wearing a mask for a number of weeks now but I would estimate it's 1 in 15 around where I live / shop. How many on here have taken to wearing a mask / face covering when going to the shops? I would assume it's plenty as so many have been saying for weeks we should be wearing them and they would surely follow their own words of advice
I’m lucky I suppose but haven’t yet come across a situation where I can’t social distance, and social distancing is always the preferable option to mask wearing.

But how many of these extra 2500 are people dying directly of Covid or of other things because the lockdown makes them not seek hospital treatment?

Keeping the lock down causes deaths as well as easing it might risk doing. You just have to judge the right balance point.

What is clear is numbers have come way down as we belatedly got to grips with the community and care home cases.

The big problem was our inability to test test test in February/March as the WHO told everyone to do.

No government will make that mistake again now we have the ability that we had ceded to Germany by us focusing on drug development and they being well equipped with labs to do tests

Leaving the EU whatever you think of it will at least force us to be self sufficient on both areas going forward hopefully.

The girl i am seeing currently is a nurse at Tameside hospital.

She's been working on the covid wards whilst her normal ward is closed during this crisis.

Of course the whole epidemic has come in our talks, she mentioned that a lot of the times when in the morgue to help with the risk of not passing the disease on to other people they are being marked down as the cause of death being COVID-19.

Crazy right? So people who have passed due to Cancer are now being marked down as a covid19 death. there was a lad who did in a motorcycle accident who on his death certificate has it down that he died due to coronavirus.

I am sure in the future a lot of the deaths we have had will be relooked at.

Bought both the disposable ones and a couple with filters not worn either yet no one round here is.

Don't you have a mind of your own?
Eh? What the fuck you on about? I’m quite happy not putting one on unless it becomes an official policy. I don’t use public transport and confident the minimal time I spend in supermarkets doesn’t put me under any undue pressure.

Not face masks but care homes. The other countries mentioned value their elderly population and we treat ours like shit. Median age of all these ‘covid deaths’ is 84, which is older than the life expectancy of anyone ever born in this country. Now, imagine that someone has made up a ‘likely death number’ and the government have panicked and, consequently, instead of getting PPE into care homes and stopping infections in those care homes, we just sent a load of old, co-morbid and infected patients, back into a confined space, in the name of ‘protecting the NHS’.

Not only that, but we then promised up to £2.5k a month for people to not work, whilst we stood by and watched the people working in those infection pits (and those taking people to work in those homes and hospitals) get by on minimum wage, with £90 pw if they were ill. Surprisingly enough, lots of them went to work whilst they were ill. And then, as if to compound that, let’s send those ill members of care home staff to work in up to 5 different care homes a fortnight. If you’d actually wanted to get rid of large numbers of elderly people, you couldn’t have actually come up with a better plan.
The facts do not back you up.
It is a disaster that Covid-19 hot into care homes,
but England has done better than most in minimising deaths.
The facts are:
32% of English care homes have had cases
38% of Welsh Care homes have had cases.
58% of Scotish care homes have had cases
The death rate in Scotish care homes is 98% higher than in England Sturgeon's comment on this fact on Sky News yesterday was "The English data must be wrong". Really Nicola?

Anyway here's a report from 10 days ago.
https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/sites/de...erm-care-facilities-surveillance-guidance.pdf
Sadly there isnt a table to cross reference morbidity by country, the numbers are in paragraphsxon each country, but the report does show that the UK has done better than most. Though we are slowly catching up with the BETTER countries in the survey.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.