Running thread

Cheers for that BBB.

He did think his lack of hip rotation on the bag was causing issues but isn’t sure which of the 3 disciplines caused it to flare up.

Are my concerns on running shoes relevant. I did a little bit myself years ago and the owner if Running Bear in Alderley Edge watched me run and then gave me a selection of shoes to chose from.
His injury may or may not be down to running shoes but getting the right pair from an early age will stand him in good stead when he gets older.

I’m just a layman but the wet foot test is a good initial indicator whether he needs neutral or support trainers
https://www.sportsshoes.com/support/running_articles/

And like you say guys in running shops will know which shoes will suit him

Everyone’s different but I find that if I use normal trainers when boxing they grip too much and as your foot pivots it meets resistance and I’m sure that gave me wear n tear problems on my Achilles. If I’m indoors on a bag or in the ring I’ll use boxing shoes but if I’m in my garage on the bag I’ll just use an old pair of trainers where the tread has worn away.

Running is entirely different in this weather. I have no idea how others are managing in hotter places. I am currently running in the 12-1pm window and the humidity is oppressive. I could go later in the day but this is farmland and all the midges are out in swarms from 4pm onwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.