Richard Dunne

I became a fan in the mid-90’s so I’d say Flitcroft, Brown, Goater and then Dunne were my favourite players.

It doesn’t matter that they’re not the most skilful or talented. Anelka was a top class striker but I never warmed to the man.

agreed. i was a fan of Coton before he joined that lot.

My old email address was that of Anelkas name haha.

Although i agree towards the end of their time at city i didnt warm to him or tevez

I like Tevez still. The situation in Munich was blown out of all proportion. I’d love to have seen him under Pellegrini one season. He’d have thrived in that attacking side.

Anelka’s career finished in allegations of anti-semitism. Perhaps Jewish people haven’t suffered enough over the years.

Dunne was a tough bona fide defender, his best game ever was for Ireland in Moscow against Russia.

Great for City just very unfortunate with his blocks which usually deflected in oppositions favour. Henry roasted him in a couple of games, but he had the heart to put himself where it hurts. Love Dunny , I ll never forget his commitment to club and country.

Sorry but I 100% disagree with this post.

Dunne was a cracking player for us and every bit as good as Distin. The reason Richards was hyped beyond belief in his teenage years was because Dunne was leading the line.

The word legend often gets banded about far too easy these days but Dunne is a true City legend.

Legend?

Fuck me....him winning 4 poty trophies was pretty embarrassing imo.

All heart and effort in the main....but legend?

Legend?

Heart and efforts are essential qualities of a legend. In his era our legendary fans voted him poty 4 times. Sorry they embarrassed you.

Legend?

It depends what metric you measure the word legen against, if it’s trophies then we don’t have too many. For me, Dunne is a legend of the club and should be remembered as such in 50 years’ time.

Though I respect anyone’s decision not to measure him or anyone that’s not won a major trophy as legend, each to their own

Heart and efforts are essential qualities of a legend. In his era our legendary fans voted him poty 4 times. Sorry they embarrassed you.

The majority of fans were not allowed to vote, only the supporters club in those days hence the lazy voting. Always thought Distin was the stronger of the two by a mile and could have got several himself, as well as one more for SWP and Barton should have had at least one in the same period. i did not get a vote like most fans though.

The majority of fans were not allowed to vote, only the supporters club in those days hence the lazy voting. Always thought Distin was the stronger of the two by a mile and could have got several himself, as well as one more for SWP and Barton should have had at least one in the same period. i did not get a vote like most fans though.
Fair point in general and on those players, I did not get a vote either but there is no way of knowing how the majority of fans would have voted. Either way I am not embarrassed by the vote nor would I have been if those you mention won it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.