UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The time has now come to scrap FFP in its current form. It is totally stupid that you can make a profit and fail FFP. While a club across the city can lose millions and pass FFP. This is totally beyond my comprehension.

The whole board of UEFA needs a root and branch clean sweep. Every person on a UEFA board needs to be removed and replaced. With younger blood and with those who have played the game at the highest level.

I am worried that when and if CAS clears us, that UEFA will not try again to ban us from their competitions. Those guys on both the IC and AC committees of UEFA won't try something else to get us banned. They just hate are guts they maybe even racist.
The rules will be changed or “relaxed” as soon as we’re kicked out

The rules will be changed or “relaxed” as soon as we’re kicked out

We will not be kicked out, banned / suspended call it what you like

After 2 years we will be allowed back in if we qualify

However if the rules are relaxed or changed it could suit us.

I would hope, and that is what always kills you, that if banned and the rules on FFP are changed our owners do what they did in 2008.

Spend, spend, spend. If they are as rich as they say then they could do as they want.

But this does depend on how the rules are changed/ relaxed

It is going to be interesting

The time has now come to scrap FFP in its current form. It is totally stupid that you can make a profit and fail FFP. While a club across the city can lose millions and pass FFP. This is totally beyond my comprehension.
Beyond mine as well mate, as you can't possibly fail FFP if you've made a profit.

You can however pass FFP if you've made a loss and are bleeding cash. You can breach your banking covenants and pass FFP. That (as well as other things) is why it's a nonsense.

I would hope, and that is what always kills you, that if banned and the rules on FFP are changed our owners do what they did in 2008.

Spend, spend, spend. If they are as rich as they say then they could do as they want.

And if we thought of it, you can be sure UEFA have. It will be something along the lines of you can invest a multiple of your 5 year historic profit.

But they are running a business they want to spend they want to invest in players and importantly for them infrastructure and do not want to be told what to do by people who know nothing of business let alone them or Manchester City but even without FFP we won’t ever have a team of Galaticos because they want to make money and want to be respected as to how they are doing things

But they are running a business they want to spend they want to invest in players and importantly for them infrastructure and do not want to be told what to do by people who know nothing of business let alone them or Manchester City but even without FFP we won’t ever have a team of Galaticos because they want to make money and want to be respected as to how they are doing things
I'm not sure we will see spending like 2008, Sheikh Mansour always wanted us to be self sufficient, which for 5 years we have, the last couple of seasons we have only signed what the board felt was needed and the academy is profitable.

If UEFA are endorsed by CAS, then It might be a different story but SM will more likely go after UEFA in the courts.

when we win this, I really hope city go for the bollox, tell UEFA that they have damaged the city name and go for mils from them, also tell them any more shit from them and all hell will break, then tell some clubs that we will not let it stop us from going for them as well

If we are cleared by CAS on all charges what should the club do next. Which I hope we are on so counts.

For me the first thing to do is go after UEFA, wring out of them as much money as we can get. Then next on the list is Der Spegeil and sue them to the point of bankruptcy. After this we start going after anybody else who has ever said anything that is either slanderous or libellous against us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.