Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
As soon as it's been pointed out that both of them spend all day on here, like each others posts, write in the same way and have appeared out of the blue, Gregory Peckory or whatever his fucking name is - has disappeared for the day.

If only Rhyl Sun Centre was still open, he would have something to do then rather than be on here.

I'm not getting into a tawdry back and forth mate on football clubs and football fanbases ills as I'm not a 5-year-old. If that's your bag then fill your boots.

There is a few things there though that deserve picking up on that haven't been addressed over the past few days-

If you honestly believe what you've just posted on a ban on Irish Catholics, along with John Barnes, of all people, standing for that from Kenny (or that Dalglish would do that), then you're woefully ill-informed.

Suarez and more so Tommy Smith are despicable human beings though. As much as it was commonplace in the British society Smith grew up in, there's absolutely no excuse for him holding those views to his dying day and not evolving. And his treatment of Howie Gayle was a disgrace.

I certainly don't consider him any kind of Liverpool legend if that helps and feel ashamed we both come from the same City.

i think the problem in the main is that liverpool fans seem to think that without their validation football is nothing and other fan's opinions count for nothing. you had this hatred for the red half of manchester in the main only when they became succesful and you were not. now your turning to the blue half of manchester as you see them as your rivals. a quick glance through many other club's forums will reinforce that your not every other fan's second team. it may be envy, jealousy, lots of reasons but it exists. sadly events like heysel are part of your history and will always be brought up in discussions. i think had the club and some of your fanbase behaved differently over heysel the hillsborough disaster would not have taken so long to resolve. you never hung suarez out to dry as you could not afford to lose him as a player. it's not you personally i know but those debates will always happen.

i think the problem in the main is that liverpool fans seem to think that without their validation football is nothing and other fan's opinions count for nothing. you had this hatred for the red half of manchester in the main only when they became succesful and you were not. now your turning to the blue half of manchester as you see them as your rivals. a quick glance through many other club's forums will reinforce that your not every other fan's second team. it may be envy, jealousy, lots of reasons but it exists. sadly events like heysel are part of your history and will always be brought up in discussions. i think had the club and some of your fanbase behaved differently over heysel the hillsborough disaster would not have taken so long to resolve. you never hung suarez out to dry as you could not afford to lose him as a player. it's not you personally i know but those debates will always happen.

I think there's a BIG distinction to be made between the era of social media we now live in and lads that actually go to the game and come from/ still live in the City. Which get's lost with every fanbase when people draw on repeated tweets and what they read on-line.

The prime example being Mancunians and Scousers. WAY more alike than most care to acknowledge. We both love our football. Our music. Our fashion. Share similar political views. Both aren't backward in coming forward in standing up for what we believe is right. Which isn't the done 'British' thing and has us both disliked all over. And we get on sound in general life with each other. I've many friends/ ex-work colleagues who are Mancs (and Utd fans at that) who I consider good friends. And I've had many a fantastic night out in Manchester over the years at gigs etc without a hint of any problem. Yers all just talk a little bit daft. Smiles.

But throw football into the mix and people turn into knobheads. Not least on-line where people get conditioned to hate the other club/ City and its citizens. More often than not from people who have never set foot in either City, Much less spent time there to find out for themselves.

I'm rambling and appreciate it will fall on deaf ears for many. But that's the most frustrating thing oft times conversing on-line where that distinction gets lost.

After the recent Manchester Derby, I'd swerve the racism angle but regardless, more so I'm lost for words at the depth of hatred to spin something like has been on here whilst it's gotten the praise it deserves elsewhere.

Players decide among themselves to send out a very powerful, heartfelt message. One that naturally needs to be photographed and put out there across all platforms to reach across the World. Which they all did on their social media platforms from where it was picked up and retweeted/ Instagrammed. (Is that a term? Shrugs.). But there's something ulterior and sinister in it as it's L'pool FC.

Okie dokey.

Moving on .....
No mate - United have been continuously called out for hitching the Munich Air disaster to any global tragedy whilst also including sponsorship (completely shameless).

You see any similarities?

whenever a dipper posts

IT%2BSEEMED%2BLIKE%2Bhorse.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.