George Floyd murder | Clashes between US police and protestors

Status
Not open for further replies.
They still think he's a moron.

But... investment is there, jobs are increasing or were before covid. They are not that thick as to think that Trump was the cause. That's not how governments work. Politicians are the loud and obnoxious mouthpiece. Policies are implemented by civil servants.

Money was coming in. New houses, jobs were happening. That's what they voted for.
But are they going to vote for him again?

I will add that my family voted for Obama as well as he was seen as having better policies. Under his first administration things improved. Under his second not so much. Hence the switch.

People need to try and understand small town America. There's no real infrastructure. No trains running regular services between towns like we have in Europe. it's vast. People have their own town/ area and care about that. So Government policies that take in the wider picture generally fall on deaf ears. When a mouthpiece says he wants to "Make America Great Again" and then starts to tell everyone that jobs will increase if he gets in then guess who they will vote for?

@Shaelumstash I've no idea if they will or won't. I've not asked the question. I would imagine that they will decide when Biden and Trump start properly campaigning and the soundbites start up.

Last edited:
Well then some questions need to be asked.

I had a 3 paragraph rant that i was gonna send but don't have the inclination to now.

Its mind blowing watching the effing state of the police force and national guard over there.
So unprofessional and clearly escalating the situation in some areas, Northern Ireland ?

Anyone ? Civil war ?
It could become like Northern Ireland if the military go-in heavy handed. The anger is wider than that driven by racism. Trump is behaving like a dictator in a police state. A lot of those in his voting base must surely see that. The Bible stunt will have upset a lot of Christians for example.

It could become like Northern Ireland if the military go-in heavy handed. The anger is wider than that driven by racism. Trump is behaving like a dictator in a police state. A lot of those in his voting base must surely see that. The Bible stunt will have upset a lot of Christians for example.

Like NI but where guns can be bought in supermarkets....

One day I'm sure people much smarter than me will find the definitive reasons why people like that voted for someone who persecutes the illegal immigrants they employ, has nothing but contempt for them and did nothing for them.

Fortunately it's only a minority, something like 20%, but perhaps it shows why the country is where it is right now if 1 in 5 people will vote for someone who persecutes them and openly incites his base to hate them rather than a democrat.
Unfortunately I have to go to work so will keep t short. A lot of those people came here illegally and worked like that themselves, however through hard work and determination were able to lift themselves out of poverty. I talk with a lot of latinos and it's a recurring theme, no matter how bad we might think they have it, thet are earning way more here than they would at home. Most send the majority of their money back home to help their families. A lot can't believe I try to keep my work to only 40 hours a week, why, if I worked more I could make more money!
Westerners in general have led a very privaliged life compared to the rest of the world and have no idea about what real poverty is

No, mainly hard working people who want to make money without a lot of oversight. A lot only hire other latinos, many undocumented and then work them 12 hr days, seven days a week.
Does it ever occur to you that they 'say' that they support Trump out of fear of persecution, but actually vote democrat, or not vote at all?

Unfortunately I have to go to work so will keep t short. A lot of those people came here illegally and worked like that themselves, however through hard work and determination were able to lift themselves out of poverty. I talk with a lot of latinos and it's a recurring theme, no matter how bad we might think they have it, thet are earning way more here than they would at home. Most send the majority of their money back home to help their families. A lot can't believe I try to keep my work to only 40 hours a week, why, if I worked more I could make more money!
Westerners in general have led a very privaliged life compared to the rest of the world and have no idea about what real poverty is

I completely agree with everything you said, but why would you then turn around and vote for someone who claims you're only bringing drugs, crime and rapists to the country? Who locks up illegal immigrants in cages for weeks? Whose lawyers argued in court they shouldn't have to provide toothbrushes, toothpaste or blankets to children detained in ICE camps because they weren't necessities? A guy who wants his defining policy to be a border wall as a monument to how much he hates mexican illegal immigrants?

The bible stunt, if it's shown on the news they watch, will be given an upbeat/ vilified twist depending on the channel. As much as people slag off the BBC/ Sky etc etc for being biased you haven't seen anything until you actually watch American news outlets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.