George Floyd murder | Clashes between US police and protestors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how the suspect who ran over a bunch of cops a few hours ago has been detained and is in custody but the cops who ran over civilians three days ago are walking free.

Let's not forget that it took them four days to arrest the one that murdered George Floyd.

But "both sides".

Felt that I couldn't just stand back and let this all happen, when I have the ability to make a (limited) impact from over here. Ended up donating to the Reclaim the Block campaign and the African-American Roundtable in Wisconsin. I think the latter - the more local initiatives - are absolutely crucial in helping things on the ground (I picked one in Milwaukee because I like the Packers).

Felt that I couldn't just stand back and let this all happen, when I have the ability to make a (limited) impact from over here. Ended up donating to the Reclaim the Block campaign and the African-American Roundtable in Wisconsin. I think the latter - the more local initiatives - are absolutely crucial in helping things on the ground (I picked one in Milwaukee because I like the Packers).

Well done on doing something. I have a question though. This is part of reclaim the blocks mission statement.

"We believe health, safety and resiliency exist without police of any kind. We organize around policies that strengthen community-led safety initiatives and reduce reliance on police departments. We do not believe that increased regulation of or public engagement with the police will lead to safer communities, as community testimony and documented police conduct suggest otherwise."

In other words, defund the Police, use community self regulation. No need to engage with the Police. We can do it ourselves.

Happy with those words? Like them to do the same in Manchester? Scrotes in Piccadilly Gardens again? I'll pop over and have a word. That will sort them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.