COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could say the same for anything.

someone who has terminal cancer walks down a street and gets hit by a car and dies. they just become another car death statistic, if they hadn't walked down that street they wouldn't have died.
You could say the same for anything.

someone who has terminal cancer walks down a street and gets hit by a car and dies. they just become another car death statistic, if they hadn't walked down that street they wouldn't have died.
But the cancer wouldn't have directly caused them to get hit by a car.

You have cancer, you go to hospital. You're more likely to catch Covid in hospital. Therefore the very thing that would have killed you on it's own was solely responsible for you catching this virus that was irrelevant in its effects on you but hugely relevant in ramping up our already too high death statistics.

But the cancer wouldn't have directly caused them to get hit by a car.

You have cancer, you go to hospital. You're more likely to catch Covid in hospital. Therefore the very thing that would have killed you on it's own was solely responsible for you catching this virus that was irrelevant in its effects on you but hugely relevant in ramping up our already too high death statistics.

It could have been if it was eye cancer!!

Your basically trying to boil it down to the infirm being infected because they had to go to hospital where you feel they are more likely to have caught covid which is an assumption that needs some statistical backup to be proven.

most hospitals have quite decent segregation for covid/non covid patients so i dont think your assumption carrys a huge amount of wright. some will have caught it in hospital no doubt. but id say "hugely relevant" is a overstatement.

Old peoples homes on the other hand....

Last edited:
So because nobody round your way is wearing one you are not? That makes sense
Coupled with the fact my lockdown started 2 weeks before most due to an operation. I haven't been in a supermarket since first week in March, or on public transport since 1990 nor have I been within 2 metres of anyone for more than 15 secs so I believe the mask not to be required yet purchased for when I go back to work or have to go to tesco due to no deliveries available.

Last edited:
The crazy thing is you could be dying with terminal cancer, you could then pick up covid while in the hospital, then your death gets counted as "covid related" when in actual fact, if you didn't have cancer in the first place you would never have gone in hospital and would never have caught the virus.

so true, this is my worry with my mother.

Currently on her 2nd round of chemo for bowel cancer.

I really hope it doesn't end up like it has for many.

Total hospital deaths reported for UK today are 143 England, Scotland 12, Wales 7 and Northern Ireland 2. Total 164. THat will change in the announced figure later with non hospital deaths. But its not bad for a Tuesday which often shows a rise to account for weekend catch ups.

Only 19 of those England deaths are from Monday.

Two weeks ago on a Tuesday there were 545 announced. Not sure how many were hospitals ~ but there were a lot of care home add ons then so seems likely it will be below that figure when announced soon.

Last Tuesday came after a Bank Holiday Monday so was still low and not directly comparable..

Last edited:
It could have been if it was eye cancer!!

Your basically trying to boil it down to the infirm being infected because they had to go to hospital where you feel they are more likely to have caught covid which is an assumption that needs some statistical backup to be proven.

most hospitals have quite decent segregation for covid/non covid patients so i dont think your assumption carrys a huge amount of wright. some will have caught it in hospital no doubt. but id say "hugely relevant" is a overstatement.

Old peoples homes on the other hand....
It was a purely hypothetical statement which you seem to have taken too literally.

Someone in my family has caught the virus through working in a hospital. Now they may well be doing an excellent job with segregation but you're still more likely to catch it in a hospital than if you were sat at home. No cancer = no need to go to hospital = stay at home and dont catch the virus.

Not face masks but care homes. The other countries mentioned value their elderly population and we treat ours like shit. Median age of all these ‘covid deaths’ is 84, which is older than the life expectancy of anyone ever born in this country. Now, imagine that someone has made up a ‘likely death number’ and the government have panicked and, consequently, instead of getting PPE into care homes and stopping infections in those care homes, we just sent a load of old, co-morbid and infected patients, back into a confined space, in the name of ‘protecting the NHS’.

Not only that, but we then promised up to £2.5k a month for people to not work, whilst we stood by and watched the people working in those infection pits (and those taking people to work in those homes and hospitals) get by on minimum wage, with £90 pw if they were ill. Surprisingly enough, lots of them went to work whilst they were ill. And then, as if to compound that, let’s send those ill members of care home staff to work in up to 5 different care homes a fortnight. If you’d actually wanted to get rid of large numbers of elderly people, you couldn’t have actually come up with a better plan.
They close hotels because of the CV risk but keep Care Homes open without any further risk assessment to reduce that risk to the most vulnerable.

Workers are covered by H and S regulations but patients are left to be sitting targets.

As someone posted earlier euthanasia.

The latest excess deaths have been published by the FT.

The UK looks like the worst hit country in the world.

In comparison to Spain and Italy, the UK didn't lockdown anywhere near as hard so the economic effects may not be so severe on life expectancies etc as those countries. Nevertheless, we've been hit very hard financially and the mortality figures are depressingly high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.