George Floyd murder | Clashes between US police and protestors

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty, I think US measures incredibly poorly in a lot of the metrics that truly matter - healthcare, education, gun culture, equal treatment etc, but it's wonderful in a million other ways, food, entertainment, general vibe, etc, hence why for a European like me, it's a perfect place to visit on holiday but it would take a lot of convincing to get me to live there.
It kind of surprises me that people think America should be more like England than it is. As people have said there are huge differences between areas within the country let alone Europe. The people here don’t want to be like England and really don’t give a shit how they’re viewed. It’s still evolving, who knows where we’ll be in 50 years

It kind of surprises me that people think America should be more like England than it is. As people have said there are huge differences between areas within the country let alone Europe. The people here don’t want to be like England and really don’t give a shit how they’re viewed. It’s still evolving, who knows where we’ll be in 50 years
We're a tolerable country to the extent a terrorist blows up kids and we light candles singing "Don't look back in anger" or 7yr old Emily Jones who was stabbed in the neck by a somalian woman and nothing, no uproar.

what it needed was a strong leader to stand up and stop all this from happening ? Barack Obama please come forward and take over your country

They may not give a shit about how they're viewed, but the progressive position on things like healthcare and education are still, on average, hugely popular policy ideas, despite your mainstream media treating them as if they're crazy, fringe ideas. You don't lose your identity, as an example, if you stop your citizens becoming bankrupt, selling everything they own, because a loved one got cancer. America can keep being America and still create a better society for it's citizens.

They may not give a shit about how they're viewed, but the progressive position on things like healthcare and education are still, on average, hugely popular policy ideas, despite your mainstream media treating them as if they're crazy, fringe ideas. You don't lose your identity, as an example, if you stop your citizens becoming bankrupt, selling everything they own, because a loved one got cancer. America can keep being America and still create a better society for it's citizens.

There's too much truth here.

Sometimes I feel the US has been wound up so tight they believe everything they're told. They're constantly bombarded with different messaging, the truth or important aspects of it, are lost in the maelstrom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.