COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people carried the virus from hospital to care home but it’s not as clear as I made out? Elderly patients were tested in hospitals, tested positive and were then sent back to their care homes (who often weren’t told about that positive test) in order that the ‘NHS was not overwhelmed’ and you say it’s not as clear as it’s made out?
As for care home workers knowingly going to work infected, it wasn’t meant to be a bitter view mate, just realistic. You might be lucky enough to not worry about where your next meal is coming from, but not everyone has that luxury. Many of the care home workers are on zero hours contracts, work 2/3 different jobs and don’t have access to any other money and the state aid they’d get is next to useless. They might well have had very minor symptoms and could not access testing in the early stages and you think that they’d have all stayed at home for 2 weeks, just in case?
Hospital clinicians must sign off on all those leaving hospital to go into care homes. Do you really think anyone of them would go against their moral and professional scruples? Incidentally, where are all these Covid infested geriatric wards? Surely we'd have been having hospital wards shut down, if it were the case. Can't say I've heard of that happening.

Hospital clinicians must sign off on all those leaving hospital to go into care homes. Do you really think anyone of them would go against their moral and professional scruples? Incidentally, where are all these Covid infested geriatric wards? Surely we'd have been having hospital wards shut down, if it were the case. Can't say I've heard of that happening.
Over 40% of all deaths happening in care homes and over 20% of hospitalised covid patients caught it in hospital and yet you think I’ve made it all up. I bow to your more informed knowledge, as will the following, no doubt.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/09/doct...ck-care-homes-without-telling-staff-12679960/

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...they-didnt-take-in-covid-19-patients-11986578

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...y-care-homes-despite-KNOWING-coronavirus.html

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/hospitals-knew-elderly-patients-coronavirus-22001069

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-care-homes-nhs-deaths-statistics-a9500326.html

Every link pretty much says the same thing.
From the Mirror.
"In cases where it looks like the information wasn't disclosed by the hospital, we are looking at whether the hospital breached their regulations and whether we can take action."
Nothing proven so far

Every link pretty much says the same thing.
From the Mirror.
"In cases where it looks like the information wasn't disclosed by the hospital, we are looking at whether the hospital breached their regulations and whether we can take action."
Nothing proven so far
So how do you think 40% of ALL deaths have occurred in care homes and do you think it was just an unfortunate coincidence that the government decided to use ‘deaths in hospital’ as their original measure?

Media now focused on Government should have better protected BAME community. FFS influence their genetics and influence their genes. I absolutely give up. It's very sad, but even after you have removed all other variables, there is something much deeper that is driving this disproportionate effect.

So how do you think 40% of ALL deaths have occurred in care homes and do you think it was just an unfortunate coincidence that the government decided to use ‘deaths in hospital’ as their original measure?
How many known Covid patients were sent from hospital, to care homes, without information being disclosed ? Name just one hospital that did this.
You do realise that any patient discharged to a care home will have been by agreement of the local authority or manager of private care homes.
Patients discharged to care homes were also isolated for 14 days. Test or no test.

Last edited:

I think most countries at that time (and many still) were just declaring hospital deaths.

Yup, a woman I work with took two weeks off because she had a cough, which turned out to be nothing. Now her husband has tested positive so she has been told she has to self isolate for two weeks. But she already has taken the two weeks sick leave, so she will get nothing. Luckily she is alright and has enough money so it's not a major issue, but a ton of people who are living week to week will be being asked to self isolate just in case they have it and that will inevitably lead to some of them going in to work because they need the money.

Some people might end up being told 3 or 4 times they should isolate for 2 weeks, without pay.

It is a reality some people just don't understand mate. This track and trace may cause more problems than it solves.
I was happy to self isolate early on when i had symptoms.
Then do the same again when my wife and kids had symptoms.

My wife is a key working teacher looking after key workers children.
Basically everything will trigger this self isolation track and trace thing.
She will get paid regardless.
I'm self employed and will receive nothing. We having savings, so i can manage for a while.
However, my business cannot recover if i constantly let my customers down. People are being more understanding, but that only goes so far.

The main problem with the track and trace stopping me working is that i probably don't have it, and it's only a precaution. It's harder to believe if i and my family don't have any symptoms.
So if it constantly triggers and i cannot work, then at some point i will ignore it.

Good old English public enjoying themselves, can’t be too careful with cleanliness eh
_112612892_mediaitem112612891.jpg

_112612895_e59a606a-9ef8-4a83-8636-7515f67dedd1.jpg
Any time a beach or park is left in a state it should be closed to the public for a month.

If it keeps happening, close it for two months... then three months.

I hate littering and fly tipping that much I’d dish out the death penalty to any **** doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.