Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're usually one of the more balanced posters on this forum, so this seems very out of character.

Why would you want players staying here because they felt like they had to because otherwise the club would fuck them over? Do you really think that's going to get the best out of those players? Not only that De Bruyne and Sterling are two of the leaders of this team and you want to undermine the trust, appreciation and respect the management team have taken years to build up, just to scare them.

Likewise with Bernardo and Laporte, why undermine the appreciation we show those guys to keep Sane, it doesn't make sense.

It's one player (Sane) who wants to leave, let it go, the club is bigger and better than one player. We're not desperate, we don't need to lower ourselves to Bayern's standards, we do things properly.

You misunderstand. I wouldn't want any player staying who didn't want to be here.

Sane doesn't want to here, doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer the club were able to receive his truer value if there was more left on his contract.

We set an example when we refused to sanction Sanchez's wage demands, sometimes clubs need to send messages that go beyond the here and now.

Loyalty should always be club first.

Could someone tell me where all that Ferran Torres hype comes from? He‘s nowhere near Sané and he is not even the same type of player. More like a playmaker on the right wing.

Sane was nowhere near Sane when he joined City. Took nearly six months with Pep to begin to see the best of him.

Torres has outstanding dribbling skills (like Leroy), is incredibly agile (like Leroy) and has that X factor which I think Leroy might lack - a footballing brain.

He's still very raw though and very young at 20 and has played his best football on the right of a 442 - whereas we need a left winger. But having said, that I can see us ending up with Torres when Leroy goes.

You misunderstand. I wouldn't want any player staying who didn't want to be here.

Sane doesn't want to here, doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer the club were able to receive his truer value if there was more left on his contract.

We set an example when we refused to sanction Sanchez's wage demands, sometimes clubs need to send messages that go beyond the here and now.

Loyalty should always be club first.
You build loyalty by treating people well, not scaring them.

I agree with pulling the plug on the Sanchez deal, that's mutual loyalty, the club showing players like De Bruyne, Aguero, Silva and Sterling that we value them and their hard work more than someone coming in and having proved nothing. That's again how you build loyalty.

You build loyalty by treating people well, not scaring them.

I agree with pulling the plug on the Sanchez deal, that's mutual loyalty, the club showing players like De Bruyne, Aguero, Silva and Sterling that we value them and their hard work more than someone coming in and having proved nothing. That's again how you build loyalty.

I think there's a wider point which Tolmie is correct about. Players need to know that if they are contracted to the club, then they won't be sold at their own whim and will. It will take a mutually convenient moment for that to happen.

I'll assume you didn't bother reading "the more options the better" bit, of which Sane gives us a completely different option to our other wingers.

In fact will show you several clips of Sane breaking down packed defences with 9 men and very little space. It will also show you several clips of Sane getting the ball into the box early before teams are set on the counter attack. You're trying to re-write history like the other posters angry at Sane, now trying to claim he's useless in our system, only you wouldn't be so angry if he was that shit because you'd be happy he was leaving.

So you can start an argument for no point if you want, but you've already lost.

Its really painful watching this clip.
I remember when Mourinho benched Hazard because he wasn't tracking back.

I think there's a wider point which Tolmie is correct about. Players need to know that if they are contracted to the club, then they won't be sold at their own whim and will. It will take a mutually convenient moment for that to happen.

I think that you just need to let players like Sané know that the onus is not on the club if they want to leave. They have agents, it's a small world, go out and find a club who will pay what MCFC value you at and you can go - and the club won't take the piss by valuing you at £300m, it'll be a reasonable amount.

Pep/Txiki and co don't want to have anyone at the club who doesn't want to be here. You don't win multiple trophies a year with people who are not all in, and there's a lot of top players in every position who are desperate to play for a club that guarantees top money, trophies and world class teammates.

That's a contractual obligation, the player knows that already. No one has advocated or argued about allowing Sane to leave on a free transfer, so of course it'll be mutually convenient for both player and club.

I think that you just need to let players like Sané know that the onus is not on the club if they want to leave. They have agents, it's a small world, go out and find a club who will pay what MCFC value you at and you can go.

Pep/Txiki and co don't want to have anyone who doesn't want to be here, there are a lot of top players in your position who are desperate to play for a club that guarantees top money, trophies and world class teammates.

Absolutely. I think we should all be like that. If you don't like it here, bye.

That's a contractual obligation, the player knows that already. No one has advocated or argued about allowing Sane to leave on a free transfer, so of course it'll be mutually convenient for both player and club.

I think players often feel that they can dictate when the come and go. I guess in a way I'm reacting to your earlier point "You build loyalty by treating people well, not by scaring them".

The flip side of that is that if you treat someone well, and then they take the piss, then you are entitled to play hardball. Telling Leroy that he won't be sold to Bayern because they have dragged this out in public and have tried to drive the price of the transfer down, sends a message right through the squad. And not at all a bad one in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.