Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Barnes went to a party dressed as the Ku Klux Klan according to Bruce Grobbelaar | News | GRM Daily

john-barnes-kkk.jpeg

Aldridge Captain ****?

Aaah the plot thickens....so you're suggesting maybe Ric himself has created our new dipper friends to get us wound up so we post more....interesting!

Very interesting you say that. I've just had my privelges reinstated on the dipper thread after being on gardening leave for several months
Thanks Ric

Anew centre back and VAR to stop being up your arse

Ahhh, the VAR chestnut.

This always takes me back to when Utd were dominating under Ferguson and knobhead L'pool fans used to mock Howard Webb up in a L'pool kit on-line. Trying to insinuate he was somehow on Utd's books and all refs favoured them. Instead of just holding their collective hands up and admitting those Utd sides were bloody good teams.

Which is the same with the LiVARpool bunkum now. People just want to find any way denigrate any team that's the best at a particular time.

Everyone's had it.

You've had it. Instead of just acknowledging the Centurian sie for what they were, one of the best sides ever seen in English football history, they were only there down to an unlevel financial playing field/ the rest of the league was laying down for them/ the standard of the English league was at an all-time low et al and all points in between.

And now this similar historical L'pool side are getting the same. With the added bonus of being lucky/ doping their players down to their ridiculous fitness levels, and the oft used one VAR. (Which was going to stop all L'pool's 'cheating and diving' before it's introduction. Funny how that one soon flipped.).

At last count before the shutdown, I think we sat the middle of the league alongside City with a plus one VAR overturn in our favour from 7 or 8 of them. But the oft perpetuated myth is it's all in L'pool's favour and the league (STOP laughing at the back) is fixed.

Just mad the lengths (and every fanbase does it) fans will go to not just acknowledge a great, dominant side of the time.

FWIW, and I'm sure any match going football fan will feel the same, I don't know anyone, even among blue mates, who don't totally hate and aren't utterly opposed to VAR. It's solely geared toward the armchair fan and is completely ruining the game from a live spectacle aspect. You score now, and you don't know whether to cheer or wait as you never know what they are going to come up with? Which takes the whole ethos of support watching live sport, that raw emotion and instant reaction, out of the equation. Then after a few minutes wait, the moment is totally lost and you're just like 'mah, whatever.' Even when it's gone in your favour.

I'm past complaining about the absolute joke that is VAR now. One week you'll benefit from them F up a decision and the opposition will get F over. (Another mockery of the whole exercise that they STILL get blatant decisions wrong after they've reviewed them.). Another week, you'll be on the wrong end getting F over whilst the opposition benefits. I wish they'd pull it as I absolutely hate it, and it will end up costing them paying fans as more and more are getting disillusioned with the whole process ruining the matchday experience. But it just is what it is and sadly isn't going anywhere after the investment and hype they've put into it so what are you gonna' do?

We'll just have to hope that they eventually iron out the human flaws, make it less intrusive, and speed up the whole process to make games somwhat 'normal' again.

I aren't optimistic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.