COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyde Park protests today. WTF is WRONG with these people??? Have they been asleep these last couple of months? Did they think social distancing was something that only applies to "other people"???

Screenshot-2020-06-03-at-14-54-48.png
You can’t advise or educate morons, unfortunately.

Nah. It broke because many people dont give a damn. As SAGE behavioural scientists pointed out in reports the effect of lockdown is time limited.

Unless its properly enforced and repeatedly hammered home, which it wasn't really. You can't expect the same exact message to be repeated in the exact same places to not eventually turn a bit numb for people. You have to be creative in how you control people's behaviours and be assertive to get it out there. Government kinda gave up too.

Wonder if the SAGE scientists predicted that? Ha. Anyway, guess we're all just arguing the same point here. It ended ages ago, and will only get looser.

It's been broken for 3 weeks+ now judging by the youth I see gathered in place that I walk past on a daily basis.

I think the majority of people are still taking precautions and have changed their behaviour. Yes some people Got fed up of the lockdown weeks ago and some more had enough after shielding was ended etc to switch the attention from Cummings. It’s a shame because the virus was diminishing when compliance was high.

Nah. It broke because many people dont give a damn. As SAGE behavioural scientists pointed out in reports the effect of lockdown is time limited.

There were always those that didn't care. that was the trigger point for the general degradation of it.

Hyde Park protests today. WTF is WRONG with these people??? Have they been asleep these last couple of months? Did they think social distancing was something that only applies to "other people"???

The irony is, their actions will help spread Sars-Cov-2 which kills a disproportionate number of BAME people.

Most of them aren't even wearing face masks or coverings. Fucking idiots.

It's been broken for 3 weeks+ now judging by the youth I see gathered in place that I walk past on a daily basis.

I live in a place where the youth in general seem to have been pretty good. There are many places where that has not been the case throughout and in the cities its not just been the youth in some areas. In these areas it would seem that the virus has reduced to next to nothing. On that basis we must hope that those gatherings you are seeing do not have the consequences we quite rationally fear.

These numbers are still staggeringly high. Both infection and death rates are tragic at this stage of the pandemic. Shows how much of a shambles this has been handled right from the start, just awful.

Not sure how much longer I can believe there's some technical error and they can't give numbers of new people tested either. As usual, they'll be hiding something. I repeat that Johnson used the word 'transparent' when detailing how this should all be handled. More fool you if you believe him and his like.

These numbers are still staggeringly high. Both infection and death rates are tragic at this stage of the pandemic. Shows how much of a shambles this has been handled right from the start, just awful.

Not sure how much longer I can believe there's some technical error and they can't give numbers of new people tested either. As usual, they'll be hiding something. I repeat that Johnson used the word 'transparent' when detailing how this should all be handled. More fool you if you believe him and his like.

Whats makes it worse are the relatively low positives and death figures coming out of Wales, N.Ireland and Scotland now. These figures are almost entirely Englands numbers and show the difference England coming out of lockdown 3 weeks earlier has had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.