Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone had any doubt, it was clear to see in our first home game.

There’s no other explanation for Michael fucking Oliver not giving a penalty for the "assault" on Rodri and awarding a free-kick against Bernardo, when the Spud jumped into him.

A few days after Oliver reffed the Dippers v Norwich and him and his team gave everything to the dippers. Amount of times Norwich broke to be instantly ruled offside, often incorrectly, where rules where play should continue then reviewed. You could clearly see after 2 games how the season would pan out, last season was one of the most corrupt going, the amount of decisions dippers got and we were denied but it was not enough for them to win, so they added Var to the equation to ensure they won it this year

You'd like to think they'd have spent the lockdown break having a complete review of the whole F up process and would be coming back with the necessary amendments but that's probably WAY too much to hope for.
wow. there is no fuck up. it worked perfectly to plan. they know the rest of football know, they dont care,they have no shame.then again neither do dippers.

That's another inherent problem with how it's been implemented here. The same ref who may have F up on the Sunday, could well then be down Heathrow watching the VAR on the Monday.

Even if they are honestly making mistakes and all above board, the very fact that it opens them up to natural accusations of collusion and watching each other's backs makes it even madder that they wouldn't have trained independent assessors up to do the job.

You'd like to think they'd have spent the lockdown break having a complete review of the whole F up process and would be coming back with the necessary amendments but that's probably WAY too much to hope for.

Sad is it is, my big hope is something like someone going down off a shockingly bad VAR decision that brings a legal case and they end up sacking it off. Because they aren't binning it any other way.
How do you feel about VAR making sure you win the league? If we'd have been in the same situation having not won the league in donkeys years, I genuinely wouldn't have wanted us to win the league with VAR helping us win it.

It would feel lIke a hollow victory to me.

And please cut the crap if answering me if you don't mind.

How do you feel about VAR making sure you win the league? If we'd have been in the same situation having not won the league in donkeys years, I genuinely wouldn't have wanted us to win the league with VAR helping us win it.

Mate, you are talking to the sort of people that thought they should have had a trophy for the 'most ever points in second' last year and wanted lockdown delayed until they'd got 6 more points. I doubt VAR assistance will bother them one bit. Tbh with the thing played out by under-strength teams in empty grounds with overlaid FIFA20 sound effects in mid-June, VAR is the least plastic aspect of it.

Last edited:
Ahhh, the VAR chestnut.

This always takes me back to when Utd were dominating under Ferguson and knobhead L'pool fans used to mock Howard Webb up in a L'pool kit on-line. Trying to insinuate he was somehow on Utd's books and all refs favoured them. Instead of just holding their collective hands up and admitting those Utd sides were bloody good teams.

Which is the same with the LiVARpool bunkum now. People just want to find any way denigrate any team that's the best at a particular time.

Everyone's had it.

You've had it. Instead of just acknowledging the Centurian sie for what they were, one of the best sides ever seen in English football history, they were only there down to an unlevel financial playing field/ the rest of the league was laying down for them/ the standard of the English league was at an all-time low et al and all points in between.

And now this similar historical L'pool side are getting the same. With the added bonus of being lucky/ doping their players down to their ridiculous fitness levels, and the oft used one VAR. (Which was going to stop all L'pool's 'cheating and diving' before it's introduction. Funny how that one soon flipped.).

At last count before the shutdown, I think we sat the middle of the league alongside City with a plus one VAR overturn in our favour from 7 or 8 of them. But the oft perpetuated myth is it's all in L'pool's favour and the league (STOP laughing at the back) is fixed.

Just mad the lengths (and every fanbase does it) fans will go to not just acknowledge a great, dominant side of the time.

FWIW, and I'm sure any match going football fan will feel the same, I don't know anyone, even among blue mates, who don't totally hate and aren't utterly opposed to VAR. It's solely geared toward the armchair fan and is completely ruining the game from a live spectacle aspect. You score now, and you don't know whether to cheer or wait as you never know what they are going to come up with? Which takes the whole ethos of support watching live sport, that raw emotion and instant reaction, out of the equation. Then after a few minutes wait, the moment is totally lost and you're just like 'mah, whatever.' Even when it's gone in your favour.

I'm past complaining about the absolute joke that is VAR now. One week you'll benefit from them F up a decision and the opposition will get F over. (Another mockery of the whole exercise that they STILL get blatant decisions wrong after they've reviewed them.). Another week, you'll be on the wrong end getting F over whilst the opposition benefits. I wish they'd pull it as I absolutely hate it, and it will end up costing them paying fans as more and more are getting disillusioned with the whole process ruining the matchday experience. But it just is what it is and sadly isn't going anywhere after the investment and hype they've put into it so what are you gonna' do?

We'll just have to hope that they eventually iron out the human flaws, make it less intrusive, and speed up the whole process to make games somwhat 'normal' again.

I aren't optimistic.

This has been the most corrupt and bent season in my lifetime of supporting City for 60 years.

Yes utd did get away with things like Van Nistelrooy off side goals and no penalties at old trafford for years.

But this season is of the scale with the help livarpool have been given this season only a blind man cant see it. Lots of teams have had good goals ruled out against liverpool. VAR has been used to make sure the premier league gets the winners it wants as said by the ex chairman " we have plans to make sure with have different winners " or something along those lines. VAR is they tool to fix games.
The press/media is awash with ex liverpool players knocking City and bigging up liverpool. You are a good side but no where near the best ever, one league in 30 years isnt a great side. City 4 in 8yrs that's a great side, but going by the British press/media you wouldnt even know we had won anything. To be honest I dont know why I am bothering to reply as its just a wum

'Oh Manchester, so much to answer for'

images

0_teamtrophies.jpg
May have already asked this but is that a young Phil Jones?

With or without VAR Liverpool have been streets ahead this year
25 points clear surely you must have the honesty to admit Liverpool have been simply far better than any other side this season

It'll be no Aguerrooo moment that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.