COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really inferior, just later.

Our response was inferior in terms of lack of preparedness, PPE and test, track and trace capacity. Even the architect of our response strategy didn't believe in the lockdown (or at least not for him and his family).

As Twosips posted a couple of pages ago, the majority of the population changed our way of life that has helped to tackle the virus. Yes the pictures of protests and beaches show that compliance is not universal but that's the minority. I was chatting to a Blue who made a visit to Blackpool who hardly saw anybody on the beach.

The thing is, with all the technology we have these days, they could’ve organised a protest that involves social distancing and not even leaving your garden. Just do something that’s a twist on the NHS clapping. Loads more would feel compelled to join in too and it would send a powerful message out while respecting all the guidelines into the bargain.
Indeed. A door step minute’s silence every Monday night.

Or they could have organised a protest the last time it happened, or the time before, or the 7000th time before that.

Why wait until now when we have a deadly virus among the population? Oh because the Americans are doing it so we have to copy them!

I’m fucking furious with these people! They're literally endangering the lives of people in this country, some of which are vulnerable family members and mates of mine who have had to stay isolated at home until this week and still can’t have people visit their homes until after 15th June.

I see Johnson is on the briefing today.. he MUST tell people to “STAY AT HOME, DO NOT GATHER OUTSIDE IN LARGE CROWDS”!

Whats makes it worse are the relatively low positives and death figures coming out of Wales, N.Ireland and Scotland now. These figures are almost entirely Englands numbers and show the difference England coming out of lockdown 3 weeks earlier has had.

Sturgeon is asking for Chancellor to find extra money for their lockdown. The Country would soon be bankrupt if that approach was taken across the UK.

Sturgeon is asking for Chancellor to find extra money for their lockdown. The Country would soon be bankrupt if that approach was taken across the UK.
The country was paying for those three weeks anyway. The self employed payments and the furlough money covered until June. They have both been extended too. What we can’t afford is going backwards if it spikes again.

Indeed. A door step minute’s silence every Monday night.

Or they could have organised a protest the last time it happened, or the time before, or the 7000th time before that.

Why wait until now when we have a deadly virus among the population? Oh because the Americans are doing it so we have to copy them!

I’m fucking furious with these people! They're literally endangering the lives of people in this country, some of which are vulnerable family members and mates of mine who have had to stay isolated at home until this week and still can’t have people visit their homes until after 15th June.

I see Johnson is on the briefing today.. he MUST tell people to “STAY AT HOME, DO NOT GATHER OUTSIDE IN LARGE CROWDS”!

Probably a Titanic moment, but there was a street party in London that had to be broken up last night, 500 reveller's, 5 arrests made.

The lack of common sense, and the selfishness of these fuckwits, is off the scale.

Probably a Titanic moment, but there was a street party in London that had to be broken up last night, 500 reveller's, 5 arrests made.

The lack of common sense, and the selfishness of these fuckwits, is off the scale.
House parties, VE Day street parties, National Parks busy, beaches packed, protests in parks and down high streets... they can all fuck right off and when they’ve fucked right off they can fuck off some more!

Johnson’s not even emphasised the point about these large gatherings in the briefing today. I hope he’s asked about it by the journalists.

Any patient discharged to a care home will be by agreement with the LA or the manager of the private care home? Did that form the ‘ring of steel’ thrown round care homes ensuring the infection was kept out? If what you say is true, how did it get into the care home sector? By the way, this isn’t a criticism of the government as most of Western Europe have been guilty of exactly the same thing. Pretending it didn’t happen, rather than looking at why it happened, will not stop it happening again.
Surely also who was looking after the care home inhabitants as the known most vulnerable humans to CV 19?
What risk assessments were done to find a way to overcome that risk?
Workers in care homes should be protected by Health and Safety regulations but what about the paying residents.?
Apparently the risk was too great for hotels so they were closed, care homes with vulnerable residents apparently did not close so surely there should have been special regs to stop CV19 entering these hotels for the elderly?
Plenty of time to learn off Italy and Spain yet nothing special for care homes, even older people like myself were told to self isolate in our homes, what if your home is a care home?

The country was paying for those three weeks anyway. The self employed payments and the furlough money covered until June. They have both been extended too. What we can’t afford is going backwards if it spikes again.

The number of cases and deaths continue to fall in most Countries who have relaxed lockdowns. People need to be vigilant in terms of social distancing, handwashing, facemasks in confined spaces etc.

A lot of expenditure has been planned for but tens of £billions have been loaned to businesses and the chances of the majority of this money being repaid (bounce back loans) reduces the longer businesses are inactive. The Chancellor's sums also rely on the economy picking up as soon as it can safely do so. I don't see the justification for "positive discrimination" in terms of funding Scotland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.