George Floyd murder | Clashes between US police and protestors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone on here know why saying all lives matter could cause such a negative reaction? I seemingly rather naively said it and got a load of shit for it.
Because it's almost always used as a way to try and delegitimize Black Lives Matter and portray it as divisive and problematic. The key question you need to ask is whether you've ever seen anyone say it at any time other than when BLM is trending. It's kinda like all of those blokes on International Women's Day who ask "When's International Men's day?" but then when it actually is International Men's Day are nowhere to be found.

Because it's almost always used as a way to try and delegitimize Black Lives Matter and portray it as divisive and problematic. The key question you need to ask is whether you've ever seen anyone say it at any time other than when BLM is trending. It's kinda like all of those blokes on International Women's Day who ask "When's International Men's day?" but then when it actually is International Men's Day are nowhere to be found.
Ok, I understand that, thanks. Maybe I'm just too simplistic in thinking their shouldn't be a BLM or WLM, just ALM.

Ok, I understand that, thanks. Maybe I'm just too simplistic in thinking their shouldn't be a BLM or WLM, just ALM.
This is the problem though. People will react based on the common usage of such things, and other people can use them fairly innocently and get caught in the crossfire. You live and learn, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.