Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, you are talking to the sort of people that thought they should have had a trophy for the 'most ever points in second' last year and wanted lockdown delayed until they'd got 6 more points. I doubt VAR assistance will bother them one bit. Tbh with the thing played out by under-strength teams in empty grounds with overlaid FIFA20 sound effects in mid-June VAR is the least plastic aspect of it.

Who wanted WHAT now?

A trophy for the most ever points in second? WTF is that? That sounds some mad internet shout if ever I heard one. Back in the World of reality, I don’t know anyone that didn’t take last season’s run in for what it was. We were superb. City were a smidgen more superb. No harm, no foul. When 2 of the 4 highest ever total points season in top flight English football history were achieved by the top two teams in the same season you just have to tip your hat to both sides and take great pride in your year whichever team you support. And we then had Madrid to look forward to which negates the disappointment.

Another example of not mixing the views of match going fans with imbeciles on-line.

And anyone that wanted the lockdown held off so football could be played truly isn’t worth your time of day. Ever.

Never a good thing to blanket generalise mate. That ‘sort of person’ I or anyone else I know come to that who wouldn’t dream of either, most certainly aren’t.

Who wanted WHAT now?

A trophy for the most ever points in second? WTF is that? That sounds some mad internet shout if ever I heard one. Back in the World of reality, I don’t know anyone that didn’t take last season’s run in for what it was. We were superb. City were a smidgen more superb. No harm, no foul. When 2 of the 4 highest ever total points season in top flight English football history were achieved by the top two teams in the same season you just have to tip your hat to both sides and take great pride in your year whichever team you support. And we then had Madrid to look forward to which negates the disappointment.

Another example of not mixing the views of match going fans with imbeciles on-line.

And anyone that wanted the lockdown held off so football could be played truly isn’t worth your time of day. Ever.

Never a good thing to blanket generalise mate. That ‘sort of person’ I or anyone else I know come to that who wouldn’t dream of either, most certainly aren’t.

It was a caller to talkaport that felt you should get a trophy for being first losers. I am a match going fan and I have some imbecilic ideas so that's put paid to your blanket generalisation. You're welcome

If anyone had any doubt, it was clear to see in our first home game.

There’s no other explanation for Michael fucking Oliver not giving a penalty for the "assault" on Rodri and awarding a free-kick against Bernardo, when the Spud jumped into him.
Battered Spuds that day, how that Raheem goal was disallowed was beyond me. Made my mind up there and then as I was still celebrating with the rest of the South Stand that VAR will ensure certain football teams benefit and it has.

This has been the most corrupt and bent season in my lifetime of supporting City for 60 years.

Yes utd did get away with things like Van Nistelrooy off side goals and no penalties at old trafford for years.

But this season is of the scale with the help livarpool have been given this season only a blind man cant see it
. Lots of teams have had good goals ruled out against liverpool. VAR has been used to make sure the premier league gets the winners it wants as said by the ex chairman " we have plans to make sure with have different winners " or something along those lines. VAR is they tool to fix games.
The press/media is awash with ex liverpool players knocking City and bigging up liverpool. You are a good side but no where near the best ever, one league in 30 years isnt a great side. City 4 in 8yrs that's a great side, but going by the British press/media you wouldnt even know we had won anything. To be honest I dont know why I am bothering to reply as its just a wum
Even Stevie Wonder could see it.

And Ray Charles, were he still alive, would have seen it too!

With or without VAR Liverpool have been streets ahead this year
25 points clear surely you must have the honesty to admit Liverpool have been simply far better than any other side this season
How have they fared in their last 3 matches?
Also we have had injuries to players like Laporte, Mendy and Sane.
Any team would miss such players.

With or without VAR Liverpool have been streets ahead this year
25 points clear surely you must have the honesty to admit Liverpool have been simply far better than any other side this season
Streets ahead this season with hardly any injuries to key players. A thin squad hardly rotated for last 2 seasons.

Suppose you're gonna tell me it's all heavy metal football. Or 11 Duracell bunnies running around on the pitch?

Hmmm: /

Relentless since premier League announced its back on, by the time the dippers get it over the line there will be more and more joining waiting to claim themselves the best in the world and we just keep on answering them.
I wait for a good reason for the bus attack and why nobody was ever charged and until then I can live without reading the shit they post.

How have they fared in their last 3 matches?
Also we have had injuries to players like Laporte, Mendy and Sane.
Any team would miss such players.

Injuries are part and parcel of the game mate. You find a solution and get on with it.

We had our goalie go down the first half of the opening league game with a lad we'd literally picked up off the street a week prior replacing him for the next 11 games. His debut being a major European final no less. (However much it gets madly denigrated in our insular thinking Country, the rest of Europe view it as such and you have to win one of the two European majors to have the honour of playing in it.). Doesn't get much more important than losing a World-class goalie for a few months. Keita's missed sizeable chunks. Mané the whole of January. Shaqiri's season has virtually been a write-off through injury. (He's not training even now.). Matip, who was every bit as good as van Dijk last season, went down for a large spell. With Gomez, who he'd replaced through his leg break the previous December, now replacing him whilst working his way back to full fitness. The same Oxo-Chambo who won't be that until next season.

We've both suffered key losses through injury this season bud. That's just football.

As are sides having a dip at some point in the season which every side has. But the signs where they were coming out of that winning the last league game against Bournemouth in a real gritty, fighting display to then absolute wallopped Atlético all over in one of the proudest nights in defeat I can remember that just run out of legs with the away goal swing in extra time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.