COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
New report suggests virus was subtly genetically modified and that it must have escaped from a lab.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...virus-began-accident-disease-escaped-chinese/

Holy shit if true.

The report:
https://www.cambridge.org/core/serv..._general_method_of_action_for_infectivity.pdf

It's quite a sensational way they've framed that story. When you read it there seems to be very little support for the paper and one of the authors asked to have their name removed from it.

Admission rates are going down across the country according to stat although I wonder if increased admissions in Tameside has anything to do with reports that people have been breaking lockdown by going to Werneth Low. That said Tameside does have the second lowest infection rate per head in Greater Manchester so maybe it's a blip

Hopefully, it was completely empty a few weeks back.

I suspect your right with that.

I do know with a recent religious holiday they were linking that to an increase.

Nobody wants to be accused of starting WW4 (even if a very cold one like WW3) and China has a track record of bullying smaller countries into submission. Hence why certain people didn't want to be associated with the report.
The questions that China has to answer are now; however, a lot clearer. No matter how the Independent likes to cut it.
Chinese scientists themselves have ruled out animal transmission at the wet market (probably due to censors not understanding scientific papers).
The Chinese also spent a month hiding the virus from the outside world and WHO cooperation is now known not to be open and honest as WHO initially portrayed. Why?
This report certainly adds fuel to the fire.

It's quite a sensational way they've framed that story. When you read it there seems to be very little support for the paper and one of the authors asked to have their name removed from it.

See my recent post on the subject.

See my recent post on the subject.

Sorry, hadn't seen that. Personally I don't see anything new really though. It's a theory that's been floating around for ages and I don't think that paper adds any extra credence to the story given (as the article says) the scientific community almost unanimously thinks otherwise. I don't think the headline is really backed up by the content of the story

I agree that IF it had been created in a lab that there would have been attempts to suppress the story, but I just dont think this is it. It's not even as if people were surprised this has happened. They've been expecting it for ages.

I cant help but feel this is just creating a blame culture to try to deflect from the government ( ours and US ) to China. Until I see hard data / evidence this will allway be a conspiracy theory.

Hopefully, it was completely empty a few weeks back.

I suspect your right with that.

I do know with a recent religious holiday they were linking that to an increase.
Shavuot (Jewish festival) was only last week so too early I would have thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.