COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except if the tests are valid that's 1800 out 0f 220,000 versus 1800 out of half that a week ago and 1800 out of about one twentieth of that when things were at a peak.

So it is very different.

IF the test numbers are meaningfully real outside of fairyland. Which is not entirely a given as we all know.

We are now looking for cases and finding a much higher percentage. When we were getting 1800 months ago we were only really testing those ill enough to be potentially going into hospital.
Yes, but are the tests that different to a week ago? I would have expected some drop since last week, same as Spain and Italy did.

Yes, but are the tests that different to a week ago? I would have expected some drop since last week, same as Spain and Italy did.
+100k on tests done a week ago yet slightly less new cases. I'd accept that if it wasn't for the slight rise in hospitalizations.

The concerning part is the new infection sitting at around 1800. No real drop since about 26th March.
Spain and Italy dropped from the 2000 range to hundreds quite quicky.
Remember that in theory the number of tests are increasing though so you would expect more infections although it would be great to see the number decrease

+100k on tests done a week ago yet slightly less new cases. I'd accept that if it wasn't for the slight rise in hospitalizations.
Thinking about it , it wouldn’t be a bad thing if this includes contact tracing. Targeting and hospitalising early positive contacts would lead to more positives and may be detectable as such if they are very localised spikes in new positives.

Were they doing MORE tests day after day though? You test more. You find more. As we know many many people have had it but were never tested Because we had to focus on the most sick. Now we don't have to ration and are indeed doing all we can to test anyone who asks the stability is not bad news. Its good. Especially as it was 3000 new cases two weeks ago and 2000 a week or so ago. From lower numbers of tests.

1871 new cases (-82 on last Thursday)
505 hospitalizations (+30 on last Thursday)
176 deaths (-237 on last Thirsday)

Deaths cover what happened with new infections 3 to 4 weeks ago. Though only 40 deaths from care homes outside Scotland today is very good news indeed.

1871 new cases although from 220k tests (so possibly picking up more cases from 100k more tests), and the slight rise in hospitalizations show we have flatlined on this point. It needs to be reduced.
Note: SAGE think actual new cases are 6+ times the figure picked up by testing and we need to minimise the difference to reflect the true picture ASAP.

So for me it is good news that face masks/ coverings are now mandatory on public transport.
The SAGE boys and girls think it is a minor benefit but the science is now clear and it prevents 25%-55% of new cases (and deaths) from happening.
The science is now clear?

As an aside I’d never heard of SAGE until this all started. I initially thought SAGA were reporting (which tied in with that holiday cruise).

Vaccine stories have diminished of late but the ‘dark matter’ T & B cells intrigue continues.
No less odd out there despite the build up in f traffic again.

Thinking about it , it wouldn’t be a bad thing if this includes contact tracing. Targeting and hospitalising early positive contacts would lead to more positives and may be detectable as such if they are very localised spikes in new positives.
I was talking to a German friend of mine this morning and one of the main reasons he believes Germany has such a low death rate is early hospitalisation. Anyone who tested positive was put on a list and had a daily visit from a test nurse who measured blood oxygenation. If it was below 95% the patient was hospitalised.
Early hospitalisation gives a much higher chance of survival.

Last edited:
As an aside I’d never heard of SAGE until this all started. I initially thought SAGA were reporting (which tied in with that holiday cruise).

Vaccine stories have diminished of late but the ‘dark matter’ T & B cells intrigue continues.
No less odd out there despite the build up in f traffic again.
Vaccine stories will diminish, they are trialling vaccines but as infections diminish it will be harder to get results on their effectiveness, though results on their safety can be monitored. It may be they need to consider goIng to the hot spots of South America and Africa to get better or quicker results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.