UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a single person here has seen the evidence, or the counter evidence but many are sure of their own conviction that we're either getting the ban upheld, exonerated or a 1 year reduction. If you make a prediction, back it up with something. Otherwise it's a complete guess and a waste of time.

We wouldn’t have much of a thread to read in that case though.

I think that is pretty much their claim. But its nonsensical in law and accounting so surely has to fail.

If there was any serious suggestion of malpractice by City in misrepresentation to our auditors, do you think it plausible that someone of Pannick’s status would take the case? Thanks in anticipation

If there was any serious suggestion of malpractice by City in misrepresentation to our auditors, do you think it plausible that someone of Pannick’s status would take the case? Thanks in anticipation

With the greatest respect to our resident legal eagles, Pannick will take the most profitable route for himself.

It is , after all , the second oldest profession.

I don't think the win would be "technicalities" but I think this is how it will be spun. So I agree - expect to be disappointed

City have already been found guilty by the media, and as a result in the court of public opinion, of unjustifiably exploiting the club's Abu Dhabi connections to generate levels of sponsorship income that we otherwise wouldn't be able to obtain. No one seems remotely bothered whether that's within the rules or not, even though we may regard this as a crucial issue (I do, anyway).

If the CAS ultimately lifts our CL ban, however it does so (i.e. whether it rules that we shouldn't be punished at all in the case at hand or it rules the current punishment disproportionate and substitutes other sanctions such as a fine or a suspended ban), media outlets will definitely report that en masse as City scraping out of a just punishment through a technicality. This fits the established narrative.

That won't be fair. We've definitely looked to exploit FFP loopholes. But what we've done is no different from the way reputable businesses behave across the globe on a daily basis as they look to comply with regulatory regimes to which they're subject while operating their business to the best effect. There's nothing wrong with that, but unfortunately the British sports press and its readers will parrot ill-considered bollocks about the "spirit of the regulations".

As far as I'm concerned, I couldn't give a fuck what the masses or idiotic sports journalists (illiterate in matters of business) think. Life's too short to worry about the opinions of morons. I want us to avoid a ban. If we do, I'll be happy, however we achieve it. I think a reduced one-year ban is survivable, though damaging. But I'll be bitterly disappointed if we don't obtain some improvement in the situation after going to CAS.

We will not accept anything but complete exoneration.

The owner will see this through right to the very end.

Far too many are counting on an outcome which essentially paints a scene of Khaldoon and Lord Pannick standing at the top of some court steps with a middle finger raised?

I don't think Khadoon or the club cares how and why we win.

We get the hell out of Dodge.

We can never be exonerated in the eyes of those people who refuse to see.

Pragmatism is the order of the day.

I know this is a bit unfair, but crikey what a difference a month makes.

Getting a bit nervous TH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.