TV Series

Like most have said, The Wire is fucking stupendous. But I personally really enjoyed season 2, binged it easily over 2 days and Frank Sobotka’s character is one that impacted me more than many in the show. Season 4 was probably the best imo though, amazing television.

Did anyone else watch The Deuce? Another Simon and Pellecanos show, well worth watching. Probably depends how much James Franco you can stomach though.

Like most have said, The Wire is fucking stupendous. But I personally really enjoyed season 2, binged it easily over 2 days and Frank Sobotka’s character is one that impacted me more than many in the show. Season 4 was probably the best imo though, amazing television.

Did anyone else watch The Deuce? Another Simon and Pellecanos show, well worth watching. Probably depends how much James Franco you can stomach though.

I think season 2 often gets a bad rap, maybe it's because people have warmed to the cast of season 1 or started to, and want more, then all of a sudden, it changes cast and direction quite a bit, I think maybe people start to watch it in a low mood.

That's how I felt at the time anyway first time of watching, but it's only really once you've watched the whole thing and it all links in do many look back and realise the significance and how good it actually was, funny because I really enjoyed and rated season 2 much more on the second, third and fourth viewing :-), and you're right, Frank was a fantastic character.

Can't agree that The Wire season 2 is bad as some have said. It's very different, a major turn from the glorification of the street corner drug culture of Season 1, but that's the brilliance of the Wire, each season has a different focus - all of which have major impacts of the lives of people and the city itself. Superbly written, acted and paced...quite simply the best ever.

EDIT: Seems me and @Rosler's Mullet had similar thoughts at the same time!

State of Happiness on BBC 4. Norwegian, set in the 60’s. Absolutely excellent. It’s in 8 parts I think. It’s about the Oil industry. Sounds boring - it’s not.
Just finished watching this.thought it was great,bit different from most of the other shite on tv.

I watched the first episode of The Wire and it didn't have anything to entice me back in

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.