Madeleine McCann

Reading this resurrected thread, I almost forgot it’s Madeline first and foremost who is likely to have suffered the worst fate/consequences out of anyone in this sorry scenario, which are a result of her parents actions whether you believe that to be directly or indirectly.

At that time in her life she was solely dependent on her parent, who let her down.

“We’ve all done it”. That’s a rather sweeping generalisation, and if you had done it and your child went missing you’d be culpable in part for those happenings.

“They’re living with the guilt, isn’t that enough?” mantra, well... they’re living with the guilt as they made a conscious choice to leave their children unattended in another country where they couldn’t account for the decency of people around them. That’s pretty guilt wracking of course, as their choices have likely cost a dependent their life.

Yes, no one deserves that to happen to their child (whatever did happen), but they left circumstances out of their control and presented an opportunity for it to happen. Unfortunately it did, but Madeline is the one who suffered as a consequence first and foremost, and normally that would bring some level of accountability.

As a kid we went out from the age of about eight with friends from dawn to dusk,not many of us disappeared ,child abduction is still not that common

Her parents should have used the resort child care ,for some reason they didnt,they will be wracked with guilt till the day they die

Watching the news this German guy is a paedo and also a burglar,they are thinking he was out on the rob and went into the apartment and found Maddie and took her

it was bad luck for Maddie that he chose that apartment to break into

I can't fathom why anyone is against the help they have had because others have not,their job was to keep her name out there ,the same as any parent would do,ben needams case is still being investigated,british police were out in kos very recently to dig up a site on a tip off

I think people took against Kate because she wasn't sobbing in a corner ,she kept it together to find maddie,the hatred towards them has been a stain on this country,they are getting trolled again as we speak

If it turns out that this man did assault her and kill her and she is not alive somewhere then that is heartbreaking

As I said yesterday ,the person to blame for killing her is not her parents,it is the **** that murdered her with his hands

German police had said earlier they did not believe the murder was premeditated and the suspect was involved in crimes like break-ins and burglary

German police said the suspect lived in the Algarve between 1995 and 2007.
They added he lived in a house near Praia da Luz for several years and burgled hotels and holiday flats as well as trading drugs.

https://news.sky.com/story/madelein...suspect-is-a-significant-development-12000207

This is a shocking question to ask but I wonder what the McCann’s are thinking about it right now - do they hope that she was killed quickly within a day or two or are they praying she’s still alive but potentially suffered 13 years of abuse after abuse? What an horrendous place to be in I just hope they get some closure.

Reading this resurrected thread, I almost forgot it’s Madeline first and foremost who is likely to have suffered the worst fate/consequences out of anyone in this sorry scenario, which are a result of her parents actions whether you believe that to be directly or indirectly.

At that time in her life she was solely dependent on her parent, who let her down.

“We’ve all done it”. That’s a rather sweeping generalisation, and if you had done it and your child went missing you’d be culpable in part for those happenings.

“They’re living with the guilt, isn’t that enough?” mantra, well... they’re living with the guilt as they made a conscious choice to leave their children unattended in another country where they couldn’t account for the decency of people around them. That’s pretty guilt wracking of course, as their choices have likely cost a dependent their life.

Yes, no one deserves that to happen to their child (whatever did happen), but they left circumstances out of their control and presented an opportunity for it to happen. Unfortunately it did, but Madeline is the one who suffered as a consequence first and foremost, and normally that would bring some level of accountability.

what good would jailing the parents have done to anyone ? For their other kids who they have loved and raised whilst fighting desperately in the search for Madeline.
Each case has its own merits, yes they did very wrong that night but punishing them even further does nothing for no one.

This is a shocking question to ask but I wonder what the McCann’s are thinking about it right now - do they hope that she was killed quickly within a day or two or are they praying she’s still alive but potentially suffered 13 years of abuse after abuse? What an horrendous place to be in I just hope they get some closure.
She’s long dead, mate.

As a kid we went out from the age of about eight with friends from dawn to dusk,not many of us disappeared ,child abduction is still not that common

Her parents should have used the resort child care ,for some reason they didnt,they will be wracked with guilt till the day they die

Watching the news this German guy is a paedo and also a burglar,they are thinking he was out on the rob and went into the apartment and found Maddie and took her

it was bad luck for Maddie that he chose that apartment to break into

I can't fathom why anyone is against the help they have had because others have not,their job was to keep her name out there ,the same as any parent would do,ben needams case is still being investigated,british police were out in kos very recently to dig up a site on a tip off

I think people took against Kate because she wasn't sobbing in a corner ,she kept it together to find maddie,the hatred towards them has been a stain on this country,they are getting trolled again as we speak

If it turns out that this man did assault her and kill her and she is not alive somewhere then that is heartbreaking

As I said yesterday ,the person to blame for killing her is not her parents,it is the **** that murdered her with his hands

German police had said earlier they did not believe the murder was premeditated and the suspect was involved in crimes like break-ins and burglary

German police said the suspect lived in the Algarve between 1995 and 2007.
They added he lived in a house near Praia da Luz for several years and burgled hotels and holiday flats as well as trading drugs.

https://news.sky.com/story/madelein...suspect-is-a-significant-development-12000207
Sounds positive in terms of finding the culprit but I am not buying that this was a random act of burglary and bad luck for the McCanns and the poor girl. Their negligence wasn't just down to that one night it was repeated behaviour and some **** took advantage of that with tragic consequences for Maddie.

what good would jailing the parents have done to anyone ? For their other kids who they have loved and raised whilst fighting desperately in the search for Madeline.
Each case has its own merits, yes they did very wrong that night but punishing them even further does nothing for no one.

Putting them in prison, probably not. But there’d normally be some level of intervention at some point, by some level of authority regarding their perceived fitness of parenting.

Apart from their own guilt and suffering, they seem to have glided through any legal consequences that accompany capitalised instances of neglect. Unless, of course, I am mistaken.

I understand people assume the extremes, but I’ve seen first hand very real consequences for parents in instances of neglect that many would perceive had a less profound consequence for the parties involved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.