Madeleine McCann

Her parents will have to live with the guilt for the rest of their lives, rip little innocent one x
Yes but not as much guilt as the child sex offending rapist burglar who took her. That is still a veiled dig at the parents. I swear people are disappointed that it looks like they didnt kill their daughter after all and have to have a pop anyway. Thankfully child sex offenders who abduct children are incredibly rare and opportunities for them to commit their crimes are incredibly rare. That is why they take what opportunities are presented. It doesnt take much of one.

Each case has its own merits, yes they did very wrong that night but punishing them even further does nothing for no one.

Tbf they did wrong several nights in a row until her disappearance.

One part that was will never sit right with me, the parents and their friends took their kids on holiday, left them in the hotel crèche facilities every day and then left them nearly every night on their own to go to the tapas bar.

Whilst I’m sure they had nothing to do with her actual disappearance it paints a pretty ropey picture of them in general to me.

Yes but not as much guilt as the child sex offending rapist burglar who took her. That is still a veiled dig at the parents. I swear people are disappointed that it looks like they didnt kill their daughter after all and have to have a pop anyway. Thankfully child sex offenders who abduct children are incredibly rare and opportunities for them to commit their crimes are incredibly rare. That is why they take what opportunities are presented. It doesnt take much of one.
Scum like that **** who did this mate ain’t got a conscience, the parents made the fatal mistake of leaving their child alone, a choice that will forever haunt them, I never thought for one minute the parents murdered her, tho their neglect in leaving her alone at night certainly helped to her tragic end

Last edited:
I feel strongly about this. In 30 or 40 years time historians will write about this as a societal issue that like most significant events reflects the times. This coincided with the birth and growth of 'social' media, used by many idiots who have had a platform to make noise they would never have otherwise have had heard. And those voices take hold and people take the same views. This has, as a fact, been driven by a dislike towards those parents by many because they are posher than some, and because they were on holiday in a fancy resort and have professional skilled jobs. Some of these same people will sit in pubs gobbing off about this while their kids run about outside unsupervised. We have all seen them. Some of these will send their kids to the shop for scratchcards and fags while they sit in front of 65inch tellys in shitholes watching jeremy kyle and not know where they go or who they see. They may well post on facebook about what cunts the McCanns are while they send those kids out. They have a bare faced cheek to criticise, because what happened could happen to anyone. Thankfully it didnt, but it did to them. They were checking in on those kids, and the fact is that a criminal pervert needed probably less than a minute to take her. That is rare, and horrifying. In these events people naturally and consistently need someone to blame, and blame them they have. Yes they are not identifiable people, they do not attract empathy in many. He is like Mark Zuckerburg in many ways, detached, unrelatable, bland. She didnt react in the way that people wanted her to. Who are we to say how she should react and behave? She is an intelligent and focused disciplined woman, not hysterical and demonstrative. But that doesnt mean anything, it is their tragedy and nobody has the right to say how they think they should be behaving. They are the victims of an awful event that could well have befallen a couple of people on carers allowance buying two pints of strongbow dark fruits in Wetherspoons while their nipper runs around the beer garden. The fact is that this bloke as seems likely lived a transient lifestyle burgling holidaymakers hotel rooms abroad while living in a camper van because he was a convicted villain unable to get a job and live anywhere because he was a raping pervert bastard. He could have done this to anyone anywhere but at that time was doing it to people on holiday. It takes seconds. Kevin and Karen at the bar buying Skol and Fruitshoots could just have easily have seen their nipper taken, but people would see them as bigger victims than the McCanns because they are more relatable to most.

Scum like that **** who did this mate ain’t got a conscience, the parents made the fatal mistake of leaving their child alone, a choice that will forever haunt them, I never thought for one minute the parents murdered her, tho their neglect in leaving her alone at night certainly helped to her tragic end
I disagree, see my long boring post

I feel strongly about this. In 30 or 40 years time historians will write about this as a societal issue that like most significant events reflects the times. This coincided with the birth and growth of 'social' media, used by many idiots who have had a platform to make noise they would never have otherwise have had heard. And those voices take hold and people take the same views. This has, as a fact, been driven by a dislike towards those parents by many because they are posher than some, and because they were on holiday in a fancy resort and have professional skilled jobs. Some of these same people will sit in pubs gobbing off about this while their kids run about outside unsupervised. We have all seen them. Some of these will send their kids to the shop for scratchcards and fags while they sit in front of 65inch tellys in shitholes watching jeremy kyle and not know where they go or who they see. They may well post on facebook about what cunts the McCanns are while they send those kids out. They have a bare faced cheek to criticise, because what happened could happen to anyone. Thankfully it didnt, but it did to them. They were checking in on those kids, and the fact is that a criminal pervert needed probably less than a minute to take her. That is rare, and horrifying. In these events people naturally and consistently need someone to blame, and blame them they have. Yes they are not identifiable people, they do not attract empathy in many. He is like Mark Zuckerburg in many ways, detached, unrelatable, bland. She didnt react in the way that people wanted her to. Who are we to say how she should react and behave? She is an intelligent and focused disciplined woman, not hysterical and demonstrative. But that doesnt mean anything, it is their tragedy and nobody has the right to say how they think they should be behaving. They are the victims of an awful event that could well have befallen a couple of people on carers allowance buying two pints of strongbow dark fruits in Wetherspoons while their nipper runs around the beer garden. The fact is that this bloke as seems likely lived a transient lifestyle burgling holidaymakers hotel rooms abroad while living in a camper van because he was a convicted villain unable to get a job and live anywhere because he was a raping pervert bastard. He could have done this to anyone anywhere but at that time was doing it to people on holiday. It takes seconds. Kevin and Karen at the bar buying Skol and Fruitshoots could just have easily have seen their nipper taken, but people would see them as bigger victims than the McCanns because they are more relatable to most.

brilliant post and well summed up.

I agree with you mate.
I feel incredibly sorry for them, but thinking of how we were with our kids, we would never have done what they did.
You just don't leave little kids alone, especially when they're not at home in their own bedroom.
What if Madeline had woken up and been frightened that her parents weren't there ?
But nevertheless, I still feel very sorry for them, it must be torture.

Last edited:
I agree with you mate.
I feel incredibly sorry for them, but thinking of how we were with our kids, we would never have done what they did.
You just don't leave little kids alone, especially when they're not at home.
What if Madeline had woken up and been frightened that her parents weren't there ?
But nevertheless, I still feel very sorry for them, it must be torture.
So true mate, I’m from burnley a poor working class town,doubt the press would’ve been so kind to a person like me in the same tragic situation

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.