Madeleine McCann

So true mate, I’m from burnley a poor working class town,doubt the press would’ve been so kind to a person like me in the same tragic situation
You cant seriously say or think that the press have been kind to the McCanns? They have been the opposite of kind. Outright hostile would me more accurate

no way a normal family would get this much publicity if their child went missing. McCanns obviously knew media people which helped publicise the case

This is a shocking question to ask but I wonder what the McCann’s are thinking about it right now - do they hope that she was killed quickly within a day or two or are they praying she’s still alive but potentially suffered 13 years of abuse after abuse? What an horrendous place to be in I just hope they get some closure.

He is in prison for another case anyway, so the chance she is alive and "just" being abused is, unfortunately, below zero.

Amongst the many sad things about this case, even if those bloke is proved guilty beyond any doubt, the millions upon millions of internet supersleuths who solved this case from YouTube will just curl their lips and Yebbut it away.

Yebbut they deserved it, they’ll say.

People are ugly and stubborn and cruel.
I generally agree

I am not being casual about the issue of the parents leaving the children - my daughter has never been left alone and I am OTT in this regard, but.....

My daughter is 13 and I recognise that my attitude on this will have been affected by this case - but I think back to my time as a kid and things were very different.

We never got to travel abroad - Butlins in Pwllheli or a B&B in Blackpool was about it - but I am sure that I remember that there was a trend for people to leave there kids in the chalet. My memory might be playing tricks - but I am sure that it was routine for 'yellow coats' to be making announcements along the lines of ".....baby crying in chalet x....."

Also - I am absolutely certain that there were lots of people on holiday over the years that popped down to the hotel bar with their kids upstairs etc.

Also - from my memory of living in the back to backs in Lower Broughton - we were proud that we never locked the doors etc.

My point is that whilst I find something about the McCanns that jars with me - I have to accept that if they are proven to have not been involved in the actual murder - then they will have had suffered 13 years of the desperate sadness of having lost their child - made worse by the ordeal of full-on hatred caused by being found guilty in the court of public opinion.

Perhaps people should just not feel the need to find them guilty anyway

A lot of parents will be in the situation of '....there but for the grace of god....' and I just wonder if there could be a degree of higher standards being applied to the McCanns just to justify previous comments

Mine too. Had it all boxed off in the first couple of days. It was all down to an overdose on a sedative her mother had given her to make her sleep whilst her parents went swinging with the other couples. They then had to dispose of the body to save their Careers. Stand aside Cagney & Lacey.

The one thing that has always astounded me about this case is the amount of people who are confident that they know what happened or are more qualified than the investigators. I've worked on the periphery of two large high profile police investigations one for GMP and one for the Met, the resources and expertise involved is staggering. In my experience the people who work on these investigations, especially the IT experts, are different class. They also have access to tools and information that most people aren't even aware of.

The one thing that has always astounded me about this case is the amount of people who are confident that they know what happened or are more qualified than the investigators. I've worked on the periphery of two large high profile police investigations one for GMP and one for the Met, the resources and expertise involved is staggering. In my experience the people who work on these investigations, especially the IT experts, are different class. They also have access to tools and information that most people aren't even aware of.

Yeh but...my mates niece on Facebook says she new waaaaay before and she knows a friends mate with 2 GCSEs in HE who knew before her. She is just surprised that nobody asked her.

What if Madeline had woken up and been frightened that her parents weren't there ?

Like she did the night before...

‘In her first interview with Portuguese detectives, Mrs McCann spoke about a conversation she had with Madeleine just that morning.

"While we were having breakfast, Madeleine said: 'Mum, why didn't you come when we were crying last night?'," she told police.’

We have had a child brutally murdered in our family. Surprised that people show so little compassion for the family. For them it is a life of regret and anguish. It never goes from your mind. The questions, the guilt, the inability to protect. Empathy is in truth a great virtue. It ripped apart my family, blame is so easy for some isn't it.

I feel strongly about this. In 30 or 40 years time historians will write about this as a societal issue that like most significant events reflects the times. This coincided with the birth and growth of 'social' media, used by many idiots who have had a platform to make noise they would never have otherwise have had heard. And those voices take hold and people take the same views. This has, as a fact, been driven by a dislike towards those parents by many because they are posher than some, and because they were on holiday in a fancy resort and have professional skilled jobs. Some of these same people will sit in pubs gobbing off about this while their kids run about outside unsupervised. We have all seen them. Some of these will send their kids to the shop for scratchcards and fags while they sit in front of 65inch tellys in shitholes watching jeremy kyle and not know where they go or who they see. They may well post on facebook about what cunts the McCanns are while they send those kids out. They have a bare faced cheek to criticise, because what happened could happen to anyone. Thankfully it didnt, but it did to them. They were checking in on those kids, and the fact is that a criminal pervert needed probably less than a minute to take her. That is rare, and horrifying. In these events people naturally and consistently need someone to blame, and blame them they have. Yes they are not identifiable people, they do not attract empathy in many. He is like Mark Zuckerburg in many ways, detached, unrelatable, bland. She didnt react in the way that people wanted her to. Who are we to say how she should react and behave? She is an intelligent and focused disciplined woman, not hysterical and demonstrative. But that doesnt mean anything, it is their tragedy and nobody has the right to say how they think they should be behaving. They are the victims of an awful event that could well have befallen a couple of people on carers allowance buying two pints of strongbow dark fruits in Wetherspoons while their nipper runs around the beer garden. The fact is that this bloke as seems likely lived a transient lifestyle burgling holidaymakers hotel rooms abroad while living in a camper van because he was a convicted villain unable to get a job and live anywhere because he was a raping pervert bastard. He could have done this to anyone anywhere but at that time was doing it to people on holiday. It takes seconds. Kevin and Karen at the bar buying Skol and Fruitshoots could just have easily have seen their nipper taken, but people would see them as bigger victims than the McCanns because they are more relatable to most.
Great post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.