1894 Group Banner

Yeah, it was done in time for the original date of Madrid at home. The club weren’t party to it but they knew something was probably being planned (one look at 1894 Twitter or the thread on here would’ve told them that) so it would’ve been a case of getting it into the ground without being pulled.
Thanks, that sounds like it might have been difficult to do, without them knowing the content.

Pity it won't ever be seen by UEFA at a match.

The where were you when we were shit banner is very decent, keep that, the rest of it is absolute trash though and should be burned. Comes across as nothing but whinging fans playing the victim rather than pointing out UEFA’s hypocrisy and corruption.

We will get no support from anybody else from seeing that. The other anti-uefa banners we’ve seen across Europe don’t victimise themselves, they make it purely about UEFA and leave their own club out of it which allows every football fan regardless of rivalries to relate and support. whether others believe we’ve been wronged or not, we will get no support because football is tribal and nobody gives a shit about any other club other than their own. Wrong message entirely.

The problem is, the 1894 group have their own little niche group of likeminded decision makers, they can come up with an idea and within that little group they’ll all think its great because they’re friends and have similar thoughts. keeping it private until it’s unveiling means there’s nobody that isn’t their mate to give them an outside opinion. It’s not a criticism of them directly as I know some of them take criticism personally, it’s just how it is.Big commendable swing but a huge miss on this one unfortunately.

Legia Warsaw display having a go at UEFA for fining the club - is that not victimisation? In these circumstances, what would be the point of a display that didn’t focus on all the shit thrown at us down the years? Wasn’t that the whole point of this?

Look - City aren’t liked by fans of loads of clubs due to the money, so whatever slant the display had taken would’ve seen bitter opposition fans pile in. On the one hand, they’re happy to call UEFA out for the corrupt twats they are but on the other they’re happy to blow smoke up UEFA’s arse for punishing the club without even bothering to do any research. That’s why Legia Warsaw fans get lauded for their anti-UEFA displays and City fans don’t.

1894 group have gone now it is a real heads gone moment for them. Embarrassing themselves and the club I am ashamed to be a city fan today.
City fans have this culture of us vs them at the moment if its not uefa its the FA then its the club get over it football is nothing with out fans they say fans like this we don’t need or want.Horse racing and snooker started up this week I have not spoken to one fan of either that said it is wrong and they are nothing without fans.

Ashamed to be a City fan today, wtf!

The where were you when we were shit banner is very decent, keep that, the rest of it is absolute trash though and should be burned. Comes across as nothing but whinging fans playing the victim rather than pointing out UEFA’s hypocrisy and corruption.

We will get no support from anybody else from seeing that. The other anti-uefa banners we’ve seen across Europe don’t victimise themselves, they make it purely about UEFA and leave their own club out of it which allows every football fan regardless of rivalries to relate and support. whether others believe we’ve been wronged or not, we will get no support because football is tribal and nobody gives a shit about any other club other than their own. Wrong message entirely.

The problem is, the 1894 group have their own little niche group of likeminded decision makers, they can come up with an idea and within that little group they’ll all think its great because they’re friends and have similar thoughts. keeping it private until it’s unveiling means there’s nobody that isn’t their mate to give them an outside opinion. It’s not a criticism of them directly as I know some of them take criticism personally, it’s just how it is.Big commendable swing but a huge miss on this one unfortunately.

We are the victims.

Victims of a vendetta by UEFA and their cartel clubs that has lasted 10 years.

If City get a ban from the CL for 2 seasons, please come back and gives us your thoughts, victims or not.

The where were you banner is class but the whole thing is just a bit embarrassing

The originality is decent but it looks far too messy and theres too much going on. The best banners you see across Europe are simple and to the point, this really isn't. Shame, idea is great but execution way way off. Bit cringe all round and for 8 grand an all

Disagree with a lot of this. As someone who’s been involved in this display I just want to make a few points:

- we are the victims, aren’t we? UEFA have gone above and beyond to ban us.

- we don’t want support from the likes of United (Gill), Liverpool (Parry) etc. They are the elite who we’re attacking. Clubs like Newcastle, Everton, West Ham, who are similar to us in not being ‘European elite’ will support this IMO.

- football is tribal at the best of times. We shouldn’t have to count on support from other fans regardless.

- you’re correct about small group of decision makers. But 1894 is an open group (free memberships available now). We’re always trying to get people involved, but few step up and become ‘decision makers’.

- we asked our entire list of members for their ideas, we used a few of them (hence different banners).

- one of the main parts of a display is the shock value and suspense - if everyone knows the display before it happens it takes away from it.

- The main display might not be your cup of tea, but in our defence, if that’s unfurled whilst millions are watching City v Madrid (with UEFA Representatives sat in view), it goes up another level. Out of anyone’s control though with lockdown so had to get it out before court hearing.

I know you’re post isn’t trying to be offensive or rude or anything, and I hope my reply doesn’t come across as touchy. I’m just trying to add a bit of context from the other side.

The where were you banner is class but the whole thing is just a bit embarrassing

The originality is decent but it looks far too messy and theres too much going on. The best banners you see across Europe are simple and to the point, this really isn't. Shame, idea is great but execution way way off. Bit cringe all round and for 8 grand an all

with simplicity you miss out on all the numerous reasons why City fans dislike UEFA though.

1894 group have gone now it is a real heads gone moment for them. Embarrassing themselves and the club I am ashamed to be a city fan today.
City fans have this culture of us vs them at the moment if its not uefa its the FA then its the club get over it football is nothing with out fans they say fans like this we don’t need or want.Horse racing and snooker started up this week I have not spoken to one fan of either that said it is wrong and they are nothing without fans.

71 posts in 6 years and that’s the best you can come up with. I will never be ashamed to be a City fan.
You obviously find it easy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.