1894 Group Banner

No i did not donate. I care because it is an embarrassment on the club I support.
Hahaha, do one you troll. It’s not your money, you didn’t care enough to donate so stop your whinging. If you don’t like it scroll past. I think apathetic fans like yourself are embarrassing, slagging off 1894 who work to improve the atmosphere and support city fans voluntarily.

City wouldn’t of let that banner in the ground and no way you could sneak that size of a banner in.

I think if they would have turned with a signed pardon from UEFA this morning there would have been somebody moaning.
Such is life. A brilliant effort from fellow Blues. It's not to everyones taste, but, neither are L S Lowry's paintings.
Opinions are like arseholes, we've all got one.
My only worry is if Phil Jones starts legal proceedings as he's been photoshopped in for that tw@ Gill.

Criticism of the artwork is the thing that has puzzled me the most. I thought it was more than decent. And as you say, Lowry’s paintings weren’t exactly “grown up” looking but good luck trying to buy one of those for several thousand quid.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”

From my perspective. It isn’t worth all the hassle.

It’s done now. But I very much doubt 1894 and the people involved who genuinely tried to make a statement to UEFA on behalf of City fans, will do anything similar in the future.

Let the club make a statement in the future, regardless of the CAS outcome. In the meantime and going forward, UEFA and their cartel clubs will continue f***ing Manchester City Football Club over.

And we’ll keep on discussing it on the UEFA FFP Investigation thread, amongst ourselves.
No one is criticising the intent behind it mate.

There’s loads of positive comments about the effort and time and money put in.

But you can’t expect everyone to applaud the execution if they don’t think it’s a good banner.

The reason the “Welcome to Manchester” banner worked is because of how simple the message was. 3 words, one image.

If the poster had 5 different things going on - a map showing Old Trafford isn’t in Manchester, a contract showing Tevez turned United down and signed for City, a graph showing more City fans were from Manchester and United had more fans in London etc, it wouldn’t have worked.

The reason it worked is because it was simple. 3 words, one image.

It wasn’t the artwork that made it work, it was the idea.

I think the reason this banner has been criticised is not because of the sentiment, or even the artwork. It’s because the idea hasn’t worked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.