1894 Group Banner

I have close up pictures of the banner, which I took this Morning.

People can judge the art work from that, if they haven’t already seen the art work.

I will post them later on.

I don't particulary think the banner looks great compared to the smaller ones and previous stuff done, but the aim and sentiment is there and cannot be slagged off for the sake of it.

It does no harm and all those slagging it off as embarressing really should look at half the banners that go up over europe.

I also think once 8 grand was mentioned people expected the mona lisa or vase with 12 sunflowers not something your kid does to put up on your fridge

I like it.

1. UEFA and the Cartel are Muppets
2. They do ignore racism, ban innocent fans and protect the Cartel
3. They have colluded to hinder us, pause us, send us backwards and ban us.

I think it’s bang on message. And you all social distanced properly unlike some other protesters this week!

Also I don’t know why people keep mentioning the £8,000... 8 grand is not a lot of money in this day and age!

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't use the pictures without asking me first. Thanks.

City fans. All of us. Are sending UEFA and their cartel clubs a message.

Click to enlarge.

fullsizeoutput-543.jpg

fullsizeoutput-544.jpg

fullsizeoutput-547.jpg

Disagree with a lot of this. As someone who’s been involved in this display I just want to make a few points:

- we are the victims, aren’t we? UEFA have gone above and beyond to ban us.

- we don’t want support from the likes of United (Gill), Liverpool (Parry) etc. They are the elite who we’re attacking. Clubs like Newcastle, Everton, West Ham, who are similar to us in not being ‘European elite’ will support this IMO.

- football is tribal at the best of times. We shouldn’t have to count on support from other fans regardless.

- you’re correct about small group of decision makers. But 1894 is an open group (free memberships available now). We’re always trying to get people involved, but few step up and become ‘decision makers’.

- we asked our entire list of members for their ideas, we used a few of them (hence different banners).

- one of the main parts of a display is the shock value and suspense - if everyone knows the display before it happens it takes away from it.

- The main display might not be your cup of tea, but in our defence, if that’s unfurled whilst millions are watching City v Madrid (with UEFA Representatives sat in view), it goes up another level. Out of anyone’s control though with lockdown so had to get it out before court hearing.

I know you’re post isn’t trying to be offensive or rude or anything, and I hope my reply doesn’t come across as touchy. I’m just trying to add a bit of context from the other side.

We’re the victims in this case, but theres a bigger issue here that should have been the focus. it isn’t that we’ve been wronged, it’s that uefa make and break their own rules and can do this whenever they want to whoever they want. just my opinion but if you’d have kept the “stop Man City” points off or relegated it to more subtle smaller sign in the background and put the other points on the agenda board, the displays message changes from “city fans crying it’s not fair” to “uefa are bent and will do whatever they want” and would have been infinitely better, garnered a better response and be much more relatable to all football fans.

I’ve been privy to things 1894 group have done before, several of them are mates of mates, i understand how much effort a select few put into it and I’m not knocking their efforts at all. I think you understand I’m not intentionally being negative i was merely offering a reason as to why some things don’t always work. I’m not even suggesting a change to your approach would be beneficial or necessary it’s just a possible explanation. I appreciate you recognise I’m not attempting to insult and your reply doesn’t come across as touchy either.

I think the reason this banner has been criticised is not because of the sentiment, or even the artwork. It’s because the idea hasn’t worked.
That might be true, but would it have worked had it dropped from SS2 just as the "anthem" was played before the kick off for the real madrid game.

I suspect the impact would have been great, even it might have been removed quickly by stewards, it would have stayed in the media for days, and uefa might even have helped by fining the club, thereby keeping it going for several weeks.

City wouldn’t of let that banner in the ground and no way you could sneak that size of a banner in.

unfortunately we were robbed of the opportunity to prove you wrong.

We 100% were getting it in the ground. We had everything in place and well organised. We wouldn’t have gone with such a big flag if we knew that would stop us.

That might be true, but would it have worked had it dropped from SS2 just as the "anthem" was played before the kick off for the real madrid game.

I suspect the impact would have been great, even it might have been removed quickly by stewards, it would have stayed in the media for days, and uefa might even have helped by fining the club, thereby keeping it going for several weeks.
Spot on!

I like it.

1. UEFA and the Cartel are Muppets
2. They do ignore racism, ban innocent fans and protect the Cartel
3. They have colluded to hinder us, pause us, send us backwards and ban us.

I think it’s bang on message.

Yeah, it addresses all the main points so I don’t get this “too much going on” angle. I think part of the problem is that it wasn’t able to be unveiled at the match which would’ve had far more effect and gone down a treat with the message being conveyed better, plus emotions towards UEFA were running a lot higher back then, but in the meantime with all that’s gone on with Covid-19, the appetite for football has waned with a lot of fans, and the impact is reduced as a result. I include myself in that and I’m someone who was involved in helping out with this. I’ve far more enthusiasm about helping getting the display out than football itself at the moment and I reckon it’ll be a long time before I get that appetite for football back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.